2007 Dodge Ram Hemi Big 3 Upgrade

Wanting to know if anyone has done this set up on here.

I want to try and keep all the wires going off the battery in one battery terminal connector.. like a rockford terminal. There are 3 ground wires which makes it a little more complicated over a 2 wire set up.

Anyone done this?

My lights now dim with the new 750.1 Amp... looking for some pictures ect of someone elses set up.

Thank you.

2006 Z71 CC Silverado

• 3 weeks later...

I've done mine. It's fairly simple.

First and foremost, DO NOT REPLACE THE FACTORY WIRING!!! This is designed to reduce electrical resistance by providing a path of less resistance!

I recommend using a good brand of FLEXIBLE 1/0 ga cable. Otherwise you'll be fighting stiff wire and thats never fun. Knukoncepts makes good flex wire fairly cheap too. I had some left over pheonix gold I used on mine, Took a total of about 12-15 feet I think:

To start, I went from alternator to battery positive. I also recommend using an inline fuse here. My alternator is a Tenny alt 300A, so I used a 500A fuse. I've heard some guys run them and some don't, but with a military background, I'm a fan of a failsafe.

Secondly, if you look inside your drivers side fender well, there is a ground strap running up to the battery. Unbolt this from the frame and clean the frame up with either some sand paper or a grinding disk...something to take off the undercoating from the frame around this bolt hole. Then run straight up to the battery Negative.

Third, right behind where the battery sits on the fender is a cluster of grounds coming from the battery. Upgrading that as well is not a bad Idea. Remember, you can't have too many grounds as you are increasing efficiency here.

Fourth, run a ground from a bolt anywhere on the motor (I used the bolt for the alternator itself since it was already out being replaced when I did mine) and run it to the same bolt hole inside the fender. You will end up with 3 wires total grounded to that point.

Finally, (not required but I recommend it as well), upgrade the positive from battery positive to the fuse box. Again, increasing efficiency here.

I tried to be as clear as possible hwere, but if for some reason it's a little confusing, let me know and I'll try to snag some pics.

GOOD LUCK!

07 Ram quad cab - Pulled the rear seatsDC audio XL 18 m1, PSI reconed dual 1 ohm, triple leads, 4 layer stiff spider

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

2.5:1 ratio tuned @ 45hz

AP3000.1DBig 3 done in 1/0Odyssey PC1700 up frontOdyssey PC1500 rearAlt in the near future..." In the end, the "what if's" of what could have happened are what hurt the most..."

Archived