Some AQ2200 Fun ohh yeah THump

ric006

Here it is all taken apart waiting on parts 12 Mosfets and 4 resistors that i found bad everything else looks A okay on the power handling side

board took a little hit when these guys fired off BOom boom boom lol

its all good these boards are heavy thought it was the heat shield but nope all soldier and heavy duty

IMG_16451_zps8e4f060c.jpg

IMG_16441_zpsd8e0e756.jpg

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Alot of it is over cooked the guy who had it said i caught fire so but yeah ima clean it up as best as i can looks like a some of the board got cooked a little but SCoped it out all good so now im waiting on parts and i retraced some of the circle rings

and i have a weller WD1002

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

There is just something I do not like about the design of the power supplies in these Korean amps.

What's that?

Nothing in particular. I commend them for saving money in a lot of the right places (namely labor) but those quarter-watt resistors keeping your whole PS from smoking don't inspire confidence. This is how every company makes amps now though so it comes down to the paint job you like if you are buying new equipment that wasn't hand assembled from platinum and unobtainium at the cost of $6,000,000 for a power amp that doesn't include the proprietary $600 cables you need. (Yes that was a shot at Zapco, yes I run Zapco. Reality is sad.) For example I was talking to the technician in a local shop about a HUGE Polk 5-channel he was repairing (a Korean). The power supply blew out and after replacing the FETs he metered full voltage on all the supply side FETs at IDLE! They were getting hot fast and it was obvious that any attempt to play the amp would blow it again in very short order. It was a driver card that went, broken due to shitty soldering and vibration, nothing more. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Pa6q0laodqD/p_107PA11005/Polk-Audio-PA1100-5.html

I'm gonna hate

Archived