Ford Explorer Skar Audio Build

lookin good man!

thanks man! greatly appreciate all the input guys! hoping to be apart of Team Skar once this build is done! we will see!

93' Exploder

Deck:Pioneer 6400-bt

Front Stage: Crescendo PWX 8"s and Skar Audio VX1-ST per door

Amps: Sundown Audio SAZ-3500 v1 @.375 ohm daily, CT Sounds 125.2

Subwoofer: Two PSI Platform 2 18"s,Fully Loaded D1.5's

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Wire: All Sky High Car Audio Cable!

Alternator: Singer 250 amp Hairpin

Batteries: XS Power D975

Team Audio Connections

How big was that original box?

Is 6 cubes a little small for 2 of the 15s?

Like the build so far though! Upgrade that electrical and lets see some vids :drink40:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Not sure if the shag in the port is a good idea, potentially slows down air leaving the box

Cool design though

2010 Dodge Charger

-Team Skar Audio

-Team XS Power

-Team HiMarc Automotive and Kustoms

-A&G Graphics

6 cubes is what is reccomended. 3 cubes per 15. And yea i bever thought about it slowing down air, but since i dont plan on doing much spl i dont mind. And the amp is treating me great man!

93' Exploder

Deck:Pioneer 6400-bt

Front Stage: Crescendo PWX 8"s and Skar Audio VX1-ST per door

Amps: Sundown Audio SAZ-3500 v1 @.375 ohm daily, CT Sounds 125.2

Subwoofer: Two PSI Platform 2 18"s,Fully Loaded D1.5's

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Wire: All Sky High Car Audio Cable!

Alternator: Singer 250 amp Hairpin

Batteries: XS Power D975

Team Audio Connections

Whatre you going to be running the 15s at? I know they like lows and a 1500 at .5ohm will really pound.

I ran this sub at .5 for about an hour. amp got so hot i couldnt touch it for longer than 5 seconds. I dont have the electrical to run .5=[ but it got loud as hell!

you shouldnt run amp below their ratings. just because an engine will spin 9,000rpm, that doesnt make it a good idea.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

6 cubes is what is reccomended. 3 cubes per 15. And yea i bever thought about it slowing down air, but since i dont plan on doing much spl i dont mind. And the amp is treating me great man!

well if its a common chamber enclosure, then no sir, 6 cubes is not what is recommended. a single 15 at 3ft^3, i can go with that. but in common chamber enclosures, a single 6ft^3 volume doesnt have the same response, per woofer, as 2 single 3ft^3 volumes. you lose alot of back pressure on the subs when you make that assumption. if your running very low power though, this can help out a little by making the enclosure more efficient.

this is where most people go wrong with common chamber enclosures. this is directly relative to your mechanical power handling.

Owner of BigAss Ports

well if its a common chamber enclosure, then no sir, 6 cubes is not what is recommended. a single 15 at 3ft^3, i can go with that. but in common chamber enclosures, a single 6ft^3 volume doesnt have the same response, per woofer, as 2 single 3ft^3 volumes. you lose alot of back pressure on the subs when you make that assumption. if your running very low power though, this can help out a little by making the enclosure more efficient.

this is where most people go wrong with common chamber enclosures. this is directly relative to your mechanical power handling.

Hugh G - Wondering how you calculate proper air space for a common chamber enclosure? Is this effect true of all box designs (sealed, ported, bandpass)? Seems like it would be, just something I've never considered before. Thanks for the input on this.

HI-PO - Good start to the build. I'll be following along to see where it takes you............. :morepower1:

Hugh G - Wondering how you calculate proper air space for a common chamber enclosure?

its just something you have to take on a case by case basis. more back pressure can help up to a certain point depending on power, but too much back pressure and you start busting cones / neck joints / slinky coils.

Owner of BigAss Ports