alcohol is not illegal.. weed is legal in some states but its still illegal to the feds.. so just because Colorado and Washington legalized it dont make it legal.. wait when the Feds starts busting their assess and their local state laws cant help them in a federal court

to the point. if i was a parent i woldnt allow my kids in a forum talking about weed and alcohol. im sure many parents would agree with me. alcohol, drugs and cigarettes should have their on place in the 18+ section.

Haha I don't want to get into a discussion of states rights vs federal government power here.

The question was about influences on under aged kids and Alcohol is still very illegal for anyone under 21. If a picture of a cartoon Monkey rolling something green into a cigar is a bad influence to kids I would certainly think that real pics of bottles of alcohol and real people drinking it would be the same.

Personally, I don't really care. I don't think a picture of anything is going to "influence" someone to go do something they wouldn't already but its an interesting topic to discuss...And I think we agree haha

you have your views i have mine.. kids see their parents drink alcohol in occasions more than they see them do drugs.. you can socially drink a beer, you cant socially get high 2 major differences but then you have those idiots who abuse alcohol

i can care less though because i do either of those.. alcohol is only bad when its abused. drugs are always bad even if not abused

^I mean...you definitely can socially get high. The vast majority of recreational users never smoke alone. They smoke and hangout with their friends in the exact same way they would drinking some beers. Personally, I would't and don't do either around my kids. But, I don't want to clutter up the RPP anymore so I'm out!

I will leave you with a closing thought though to your underlined opinion: Is alcohol not a drug?

Team NorthWestSPL

i let this subject go like yesterday and i tend to keep it that way. seeing drugs or alcohol on here does not offend me. people who use them dont offend me. im not the one who reported the gif or people posting about drugs.

now if we can keep this thread on track please

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

my kids.

Holy.... you have kids? Text me man we gotta catch up

I will leave you with a closing thought though to your underlined opinion: Is alcohol not a drug?

It most definitely is, I said that 4 pages ago yesterday.

But it is socially accepted, and "legal" so no one will consider it as a drug.

Any sporting event, you get Budwiser or Miller logos all over everything, commercial breaks with multimillion dollar commercial spots to plaster your favorite beer brand.

Alcohol can kill just like any other hardcore drug, it can also cause various deadly diseases but hell plop it in front of every ones eyes to see.

I remember when I was about 12ish years old and could ride my bike to the gas station and buy cigarette for my parents. The gas station clerks knew who they where for, but all I would of have to do is smoke there brand and illegal cigarettes for me.

But cigarettes kill people too, so you cant advertise those on TV no more...

Cowboy man and Joe Camel where an enticement to get kids to smoke, those gotta go!

Alcohol though, thats fine, alcoholism is nothing, liver failure is nothing, black outs is nothing, drunk driving and wrecking is nothing, drunk driving and killing your passenger or another innocent person on the road is nothing..

Drinking is socially accepted and legal, bottoms up and keep plastering those ads all over.....

• Like (+1 Rep) 2