Second Skin Audio

How much can an SA-8 handle?

hayden55

Make sure you build a t-line for that sub instead of throwing it back into the old one. Also before you buy I would also make sure you can fit a t-line for it in your vehicle.

Yeah, i need to put up a video of my tline in my ford ranger. I fit a full quarter wave in my ranger and i only took up the space behind the rear passenger seat up to the bottom of the window. It was packaged so well the console/seat hold it in place, and i had to take off the rear passenger's seat belt kicker to have just enough room.

Plus i figure if i sell the old sub i can sell it with the t-line box and make a bit of money (when the right person comes around).

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Tune it to negative 4, and put 2 ns1's on it

ok i will get back to you if i dont rip a fabric in time.

So how does this sound:

kicker zxs1500 2012 edition

sundown x-800000

bigger t-line

I figure if i fuck something up its my fault. lol

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Well see the problem is, is that in car audio you get addicted to the power. lol

With that being said, atm i am running a kicker zx750 (932rms birthed), a T-line enclosure ported at 34.6hz, and a single sundown sa-8 d4. What i am running right now it doesnt blow any hot air at all (very cool) but the cone does get very warm to the touch, but i can keep my hand on it without pain etc. How many watts can i push to it before it blows? Anybody kind of have a guess? Im planning on buying a kicker zx1500 but im not sure as to how much that amp puts out either as my zx750 pushes over 900. I figure if i do blow it, i will just have it rebuilt and move on.

Questions:

What has already been pushed to a sa-8 and survived?

How many watts does the kicker zx1500 push?

How much does sundown charge to built a comp version if sent in?

Any other opinions? Amp choices?

The kicker zx1500 puts out 1632 rms on the birth sheet. But if your going to spend that much might as well just buy the zx2500 i kinda wish i would've.

2005 chevy tahoe

heated seats

dvd player

sunroof

2 kicker 15 in solobarics

1 zx1500.1 amplifier

sirius xm radio with bose system

Birth sheets don't mean much at all. Since they are ran on a non-reactive load.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I wish that video of the "guy with 2 SA8s on an. NS-1" would be taken down from YouTube. I've seen so many guys, including you Hayden, quote that, and it gets tiring to read. In no world can the SA8 take ALL that the NS-1 can put out. That dude clearly knew what he was going, probably had multiple tweaks to the enclosure and weeks of testing to get the kind of numbers you see that he DID.

A T-line doesn't need a bunch of power. You seem to like the idea of running an 8" driver, probably for the wow factor, which is all fine and dandy.

Isobaric loading is not recommended in a high Xmax sub, so throw that idea out the window.

You are getting ahead of yourself by thinking about buying a ZX2500 for a couple of 8s in a T-line. At the end of the day, you're in the cabin of a vehicle and you're only going to get so much out of an enclosure housing an 8" driver.

Is your plan with the ZX1500 to run just a single X-8? It won't need that much power to run properly and efficiently in a transmission line. You'll just get more heat and less efficiency if you throw gobs of power at the thing.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I wish that video of the "guy with 2 SA8s on an. NS-1" would be taken down from YouTube. I've seen so many guys, including you Hayden, quote that, and it gets tiring to read. In no world can the SA8 take ALL that the NS-1 can put out. That dude clearly knew what he was going, probably had multiple tweaks to the enclosure and weeks of testing to get the kind of numbers you see that he DID.

A T-line doesn't need a bunch of power. You seem to like the idea of running an 8" driver, probably for the wow factor, which is all fine and dandy.

Isobaric loading is not recommended in a high Xmax sub, so throw that idea out the window.

You are getting ahead of yourself by thinking about buying a ZX2500 for a couple of 8s in a T-line. At the end of the day, you're in the cabin of a vehicle and you're only going to get so much out of an enclosure housing an 8" driver.

Is your plan with the ZX1500 to run just a single X-8? It won't need that much power to run properly and efficiently in a transmission line. You'll just get more heat and less efficiency if you throw gobs of power at the thing.

The reason, on EVERY damn, "what amp should i use" thread, i always come back with "Ns-1" is because of that damn video. :deadhorse:

And OP, i no dick about transmision enclosures..... :shrug:

My man above however, and others, do..... best of luck. Get building..... :drink40:

Well see the problem is, is that in car audio you get addicted to the power. lol

With that being said, atm i am running a kicker zx750 (932rms birthed), a T-line enclosure ported at 34.6hz, and a single sundown sa-8 d4. What i am running right now it doesnt blow any hot air at all (very cool) but the cone does get very warm to the touch, but i can keep my hand on it without pain etc. How many watts can i push to it before it blows? Anybody kind of have a guess? Im planning on buying a kicker zx1500 but im not sure as to how much that amp puts out either as my zx750 pushes over 900. I figure if i do blow it, i will just have it rebuilt and move on.

Questions:

The kicker zx1500 puts out 1632 rms on the birth sheet. But if your going to spend that much might as well just buy the zx2500 i kinda wish i would've.

haha yeah im pretty stubborn about the whole 8. I am actually going to sell my amp, box, sub. Probably line up a sa-12, x-12 etc on a zx1500 then fiberglass it to the side of my trunk in my next vehicle.

Questions:

haha yeah but the 2012 model is sooo nice and compact. its like the size of my zx750. Plus its soooo efficent on the power it pulls. and the fact that 2500 would just blow my mind and everything in my vehicle, plus its HUGE!

Questions:

haha yeah but the 2012 model is sooo nice and compact. its like the size of my zx750. Plus its soooo efficent on the power it pulls. and the fact that 2500 would just blow my mind and everything in my vehicle, plus its HUGE!

i haven't seen the 2012 model i got the 2010 model new.

2005 chevy tahoe

heated seats

dvd player

sunroof

2 kicker 15 in solobarics

1 zx1500.1 amplifier

sirius xm radio with bose system

Archived