Sundown Audio

165+ dB Testing @ Sundown

Wow nice work I did not expect that! Sundown ftw. How much power can a ZV3 take on a burp? And what would you put in for a recone I'm ready too upgrade my Zs lol or mabe I won't have too!

Depends on the parts used ; so far these are holding up really well to an NS-1 @ 0.25 nominal on an 18v system for burps (the "traditional" clamp method is showing ~13kw per amp but it's going to be more like 10kw in reality as the double clamp method isn't super accurate). I figure the first thing to go will be the cones before we run into any other issues... then we can move onto the NS v1/v2 style cones which will hold a bit more. After that we'll have to re-enforce cones until I finish my carbon fiber / foam core cones.

We have had some of our guys in Russia hit an NS v.2 with 20,000 watts in a small ported box (160 dB no-wall) -- we could use the identical soft parts to that in a Z v.3 motor... it was 5H NS v1/v2 style spiders and the NS style cone with the SPL coil IIRC.

Edited by sundownz
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Very nice, we dont have thoes kind of vehicles here in New Zealand, I have built my SPL truck out of a Mitsubish Pajero(montero) 4X4.

Very similar, 2 Zv3 18s D2's, ONE NS-1, 4 200Ah sealed batterys, Standard wall setup hitting 159.2dB so far. Want to try and do a 4th order like that in it when there is enough time between comps to do it, Any suggestions to box size for the Zv3 18's in a 4th order??

Man... the ratio of this must be enormous..

Also, you usually don't see ports on the right side of the vehicle.

Edited by Nikitaaa

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

I'm with alot of people who said "I did not expect that" but holy shit that is awesome, go sundown!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

You know what I like is the fact that he actually showed not only his numbers but what made those numbers. Most of the people now hide everything and don't care to show anybody how they achieved their numbers. Jacob just earned cool points with me

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

You know what I like is the fact that he actually showed not only his numbers but what made those numbers. Most of the people now hide everything and don't care to show anybody how they achieved their numbers. Jacob just earned cool points with me

looks like a regular spl vehicle to me. without the tubes.

Edited by STEALTH808

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

It's right hand drive -- so it is ported driver side :)

-----

We did some testing last night one vs. one woofer... stock Z v.3 compared to Z v.3 with ONE extra spider (Yellow spider pack). One on one it made a very substantial gain. Have to build a mate for it to try two subs (coming soon)

So we will also be making a set with TWO extra spiders (Red NS v.3 spider pack) compared to stock to see if it keeps going or tapers off.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg