RARE B2 Audio Ref.3 (not the zero.3)

dugjt88

I've got in my closet at the moment a B2 Ref.3. I was told by B2 N. America less than 10 were ever made and only 2 imported to the US at the time. It's rated at 300@4ohms at .1% thd. According to B2 it puts out over 1800@1ohm at 1%. At 12.5 volts. (I've got screenshots of our convo as proof :) ) These were handmade in Scandinavia and known to be SEVERELY underrated. So let's look inside.

null_zpsf0c7ad2c.jpg

null_zpsf8fb11ff.jpg

null_zpsc7606da9.jpg

null_zps73bfccd2.jpg

null_zps2ead9c33.jpg

They call me Girth "The Silo" Brooks- I ain't storing corn

Also these are .5 ohm daily with ease and heard people running this down to .125 (yes 1/8 ohm) with high and stout electrical for burps.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I've heard that 1/8 ohm on music. Guy was selling and said its a 1000 watt amp. I'd never heard of b2 before and found 0 info on it online. Went to check it out and felt how heavy it was and knew he had no idea. I bought it got ahold of b2 N America and found that all rated specs on these amps were at 13.8 at .02% thd (.02%!!!!!!) and that this is SUPER rare amp all handmade/assembled. The info in the first post was from b2 the info in this post is from a user manual I got ahold of. I'm willing to sell it for the right price too if anyone is interested in rare amps. I'm in need of more power for my new build.

That amp is SWEET!

The white heat sink and blue circuit board reminds me of the old school PPI Art series.

:droolcup:

I'd hold onto it if it was that rare.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

That amp is SWEET!

The white heat sink and blue circuit board reminds me of the old school PPI Art series.

:droolcup:

I'd hold onto it if it was that rare.

Yeah these were (new ones maybe too) all handmade/assembled. Cheater amp to the fullest (and an phenomenal sounding one at that). In fact I recently got an owners manual for it and bound it work (made it a book) I planned on keeping it just saying everything has a price. I'd actually love to get my hands on an RD D5, or D9. I've wanted one of those for awhile.

Archived