Sundown Audio

Sundown X15 box input please

He had the box I posted. Had it made at ram designs. Its in my truck right now bumping but not like I figured this beast of a sub to. It's very sq right now and the dust cap gets warm after a good 10-15min of playing. He also had a rockford t1 15 just like me and he said his t1 was out doing the x so he gave it to me.

I'm in the same boat it's barely competing with the t1. Sq wise is great but pure loudness nothing special.

The box for the t1 is basically the same thing as this except 6inches shorter.

Just from the looks of this thing I know it should be on a whole other level. But getting there is my question.

He had the box I posted. Had it made at ram designs. Its in my truck right now bumping but not like I figured this beast of a sub to. It's very sq right now and the dust cap gets warm after a good 10-15min of playing. He also had a rockford t1 15 just like me and he said his t1 was out doing the x so he gave it to me.

I'm in the same boat it's barely competing with the t1. Sq wise is great but pure loudness nothing special.

The box for the t1 is basically the same thing as this except 6inches shorter.

Just from the looks of this thing I know it should be on a whole other level. But getting there is my question.

As CleanSierra has pointed out, not all subs are created equal.

Based on some boxes I have done in my GM ext cab. Sub up/port back (box as center console) and sub up/port side (box on ext cab bench). sub up/port up didnt sound as good.

What did you use to come up with your box size and numbers?

It was designed by guy at ram designs

Also yes with port facing rear wall brings the most output. Haven't built a box to have the port facing the side door. If that's what you mean

Edited by Sky

Well that is just plain weird. Did your buddy give Ryan constraints as far as max depth, height, or width?

If limiting factors were present, he may have just done the best he could with what he had to work with. There is another possibility that the sub is so NEW and no specs were available at the time he designed the box. I only noticed JUST today, that Sundown has a screenshot of T/S specs. They weren't on the website until recently, like within the last few days-I check often.

So me personally, I'd up the port area another 20" and see what that does. I'd double baffle for sure. I would ditch the idea of doing 45s, they are not needed.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

No, I don't think the window brace is needed. I could probably throw something together for you. Do you have 48" of width that can be used? If so, I've already got it designed from when you made your original post ;)

Edit-Well, from when I posted in the thread anyway. So basically for the last hour I've had something on my computer.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i know i've told ya alot of this in our messages but i thought i might as well recap some of it here.

im running almost 70" of port almost exactly and personally in my situation i feel like i need even more then that lol but 70 is a comfortable place to start.

here's 70" and now you can see why i've been working on deadening my truck over the last week or 2 lol

that box is like 3.7^3ft~ tuned @27hz with 70^2in of port on around 2200w rms. it really shines like 38hz and below and is just nasty at like 28-25hz.

and sorry i kind of skimmed over some of what cleanSierra said so sorry if you guys have already figured out the tuning but ive heard not to tune them above 35Hz.

soooo yeah the box i'd personally suggest would be 30hz, 3-3.75^ft and around 70^2in of port. but you might wanna stay at 32hz.

i feel like i'm forgetting something lol

Edited by revoracing247

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!