Skar Audio VVX-8v3 Prototype Info - Specs & Pictures

Hello everyone!

It has been quite awhile since I have posted much information lately due to how extremely busy you all are keeping us here at Skar Audio, and we are very thankful for that! I figured it was about that time to release something we have been working on for quite some time now =)

I am personally very excited about this new woofer, and as many of you saw in the thread - this is the official announcement for that we will be releasing the all new Skar Audio VVX-8v3 8" Subwoofer!

The VVX-8v3 is replacing the discontinued VVX-8 model (which was mostly known as the VVX-8v1. The v2 has a slightly taller surround, but mostly never really announced it was a v2, for anyone wondering...) With the VVX-8v3 we improved on many aspects of the woofer, allowing us to increase the RMS Power rating by 100 Watts, from 400 to now the new powerful 500 Watt RMS rating.

Here at Skar Audio we have a handful of 8" Subwoofers, each catering to either different power ratings or different applications. The MA-8 is our more SPL oriented subwoofer, and the VD-8 is our shallow mount woofer. For anyone wondering, the ZVX-8 is still coming out in about 2 months or so, and will be rated at 900 Watts RMS. I just wanted to clarify the different 8" woofers we offer, but this thread is about the VVX-8v3, so lets get back on topic =)!

New Product Information

Model : VVX-8v3 8" Subwoofer

Coil Configuration Availability : Dual 2 Ohm / Dual 4 Ohm

RMS Power Rating : 500 Watts

Voice Coil : 2" Pure Copper

Magnet Information : Triple Stack Ferrite Magnet (156mm*80mm*20mm)

Availability ETA : January 30th, 2014

You will notice the new v3 utilizes a slightly larger more powerful motor as well as a more advanced T-YOLK design, which also adds to the cosmetic appearance of this woofer as well =).. The foam surround has also been redesigned and is now stronger and slightly larger.

This woofer was designed to be tiny, but pack a serious amount bass. The VVX-8v3 specifically is a also a great low end response monster for it's size, as were previous versions of the VVX-8.

More Information and Pictures

Pre-Order Start Date : November 30th, 2013 (2 Months Prior to Arrival)

Pre-Order Price : $120.00 EA (Estimated)

Normal MAP Price : $159.99 (Normal Price Upon Product Arrival)

T/S Parameters (D2 Model)

Fs : 44.8 Hz

Res : 62.3 Ohms

Re : 4.0 Ohms

Qms : 5.99

Qes : 0.59

Qts : 0.54

Rms : 6.2 kg/s

Cms : 0.10 mm/N

Mmms : 131.4 gr

Nref : 0.08%

Bl : 15.8 N/A

Spl : 82.3 dB

VAS : 5.4 L

Rp : 33.3 Ohms

Lp : 26.2 mH

Cp : 738.4 uF

Le : 2.88 mH

VVX8v31GOOD_zpsea349e2e.jpeg

VVX8v32GOOD_zps4396c769.jpeg

VVX8v34GOOD_zpsab2b57a1.jpeg

VVX8v33GOOD_zps8e7b991e.jpeg

VVX8v3TSParameters_zpsc39e21a5.jpeg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

looks nice. Need and testers lol I have single cab we are currently using to test quad 8 center console setups in.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

• 3 weeks later...