03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have made good use of the long weekend. I did some fiberglass reinforcing on the back side of the door panel and got a couple layers of fiberglass done on driver door.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, been no updates for a while due to work and i got a new lap top a few weeks ago and with Internet Explorer you cant post pics with that browser. I just discovered this and downloaded Chrome and this is my first post of progress in over a month.

Anyway, couple weeks of work left and then finish these bad boys up. Thanks for looking.

Driversdoorpanel2014005_zps6843bc13.jpg

I like this pic, I got some SEM panel texture and need to find a good color match for kicker panels and doors.

IMG_1726_zps93aefd03.jpg

Fits nice, just needs some finishing touches before texture and paint.

IMG_1727_zps270b1b3b.jpg

So T2 6.5s in doors, T3 tweeters and a set of CDT D4 midbass drivers in the kick panels. Might Try the T3 as a midbass driver but it would only see about 75 watt vs the 125+ the CDT would get so that will be played with during install.

IMG_1728_zpsb842c046.jpg

And another view of whats going on down there. I would like to rebuild kick panels next spring to run a 8" midbass but i need to finish this upgrade first before i worry about the next.

So i have also reinforced the back side of the panels by fiber glassing. I have a box of Stinger Road Kill deadener i want to put on the back side as well to add support and reduce rattles.

Doors are fun to do but take some time and patients. Knowing what i know now next build will be A-pillar mids & highs with midbass in the doors or kick panels.

But this system will be loud and clear sounding when i get it all tuned properly.

Driversdoorpanel2014001_zps63dafd5a.jpg

This was the learning panel, second turned out better.

Was wondering what happened with this. Looking good man. You're in the final stretch with the doors

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Thanks, work and family come first and with the long hrs the family and system have been neglected. LOL I feel really bad about the system, LOL Just kidding. I will be finishing the panels at the kitchen table until i find a garage to texture and paint.

It will be another 5 day tear down and rebuild marithion! Thanks for commenting!

Was waiting for updates.. Looking good.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Was waiting for updates.. Looking good.

Thank you, few hrs of detail and clean up work and they will be ready for primer, texture & paint. Been a 3 yr project and i usually do what i say i will do just takes me longer than most to get it done.

Yeah I know how that is, been wanting and saying I'm going to do my doors, 2 15s and 2 1500bdcp for ever. Still working on gathering stuff and gotta et my stuff back to AK. As far as wiring goes I might need some 0gauge and I need more 16guage, then batts, the second 1500, 2 amps for front doors, one more set of mids, then fiberglassing and box building. Almost there.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived