Sonic Electronix

Sound Deadener.. Is it worth it?

I just finished installing 50 mill Gtmatt in my 99 Toyota Tacoma extended cab. I did the whole floor up the back, both inside and out of the rear panels, inside and out of the front doors. I got 100 SQft on ebay for 119 bucks shipped. I still have some left over. All I can say is wow road noise is greatly reduced and vibrations are also. Speakers in the door sound like mids now and not tinny.... I say yes its worth it but it did take me 13 hours labor to install it.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

reduces rattles, improves quality of ride from outside road noise, better midbass response of midrange speakers and bass. Cars without sound empty compared to cars with. Take the time to do the doors and do it right. Otherwise you'll be tearing down to do it later.Lancerstereobuildpart2013_zps3d761feb.jpLancerbuildpart3007_zps3b6ba352.jpgLancerbuildpart3010_zps8248258f.jpgLancerbuildpart3011_zpsda63fbfc.jpg

Sorry to intrude on the post but since were on the subject what's your recommendations for a quality but cheap dampening I need at least 120 sq ft but really dont feel like spending $400+ on a 120 sq ft plus. In actuality my first estimate was like $700 but that was for 160x2 sq ft of two types of dampening plus a foam insulation. THE WORKS! MAybe i need to tune it back but i want to spend like $150 -$200 but if i have to $300 IDK

Your running 2 8's?

Keep your money dude...

EDIT- Jesus guys.. look what he is running.

Yep, neat, you have dampner.

Why it THE HELL would he need it? Sure, it will help, but, if i was him, or if he was my friend, i would tell him to put that hard earned cash else where. Come on guys

reduces rattles, improves quality of ride from outside road noise, better midbass response of midrange speakers and bass. Cars without sound empty compared to cars with. Take the time to do the doors and do it right. Otherwise you'll be tearing down to do it later.Lancerstereobuildpart2013_zps3d761feb.jpLancerbuildpart3007_zps3b6ba352.jpgLancerbuildpart3010_zps8248258f.jpgLancerbuildpart3011_zpsda63fbfc.jpg

is this photo from an Equinox???

First install was without sealing doors off and midbass was lacking with the T265s. After acoustic foam and sealing up...Doors hit hard with minimal rattles. And that will be addresses when i swap out for T3s real soon.

First install was without sealing doors off and midbass was lacking with the T265s. After acoustic foam and sealing up...Doors hit hard with minimal rattles. And that will be addresses when i swap out for T3s real soon.

Archived