My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

So I got off work a little early today and decided to take advantage of the time. I put the truck up on jack stands and degreased the underside of the cab. Then I sprayed 10 cans of undercoating. Each can covered about 3/4 of the truck so two cans was 1.5 coats so I got at least 7 coats on. I like the way it looks. Its got fans blowing on it right now but it dries pretty quick. Its the same stuff I used on my front wheel wells. Here are some pics.

th_20140418_153052_zpszojemexl.jpg

th_20140418_153101_zpsm6wd1ep8.jpg

th_20140418_153123_zpspsxwazhp.jpg

th_20140418_153256_zpsyz99gu9h.jpg

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Well I pulled it out of the garage this morning. Everything is dry. I didn't take it for a test drive yet as its raining and even though Is dry I would like to let it cure till Monday when I leave for work. I hope it works. That's three total layers of deadening,

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Just ordered 40 sq ft of Q mat from Soundqubed. Its for my doors but I got extra just to have it. I love overkill. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Orderd a set of toolmaker dual 1/0 with vm option for my new 2200 . I figure since I have two runs of 1/0 power already ran I might as well use them . Trying to order a smd vm1 volt meter to run off the amp but I sent an email to steve to take advantage of the paying member discount but no reply yet.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Right on! you'll love the TM products if you dont have any already. You just cant stopping working on it can ya? You addicted! lol Have you thought of plasti dipping your all thread just incase theres any contact with speaker terminals? So you dont fry another amp if thats whats happening.

Right on! you'll love the TM products if you dont have any already. You just cant stopping working on it can ya? You addicted! lol Have you thought of plasti dipping your all thread just incase theres any contact with speaker terminals? So you dont fry another amp if thats whats happening.

It was the ring terminals that I think touched. I think spraying them with plasti dip is a good idea. I can coat the ones inside the box with it just incase they come loose again. I did put them in total opposite directions and tightened them down pretty tight. I guess extra measure is in order though as I have gone trough two amps so far.

And yes I have a couple 1/0 to 4 gauge TM pieces. When I bought them I thought my CT sounds 1400 was 4 gauge input but they ended up being 1/0 so I used on of them for the ground on the 125.4 I still have a 4 gauge power wire on the 125.4 though.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

4 gauge is good on Mids amps IMO. Ya i love the TM products. Hows the truck vibrations or lack of with all that under coating on it? Great ideal.

Archived