Sundown Audio
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Using Dual xpr520 for 2 12's?

two 12s amp what amp amplifier Dual JL audio W1v2

4 replies to this topic

mmotux

mmotux

125db

• Members
  • 140 posts

Should I use my

Dual xpr520 amp with my W1V2 12's by JL Audio and briding them to 2 ohms? Thanks.

jarrius

jarrius

150db

• Members
  • 1,646 posts
Garage View Garage
You can but it will sound like ass. Best bet would e to get a good amp and run it at 2ohms.

2012 Chevy sonic 1xSQ HDC3 12 D2 RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,671 posts

bridging the amp to 2 ohms? you'll probably smoke the amp.

it has a 30 amp fuse. so its good for like 150x2 at 2 ohms. or 300x1 at 4 ohms.

Lol overpriced amp huh. Shows how much you know. I know folks. Dont be mad you run a piece of shit amp. You and all the other dont know bbetters can say man itd awesome its awesome and I got it for 125 bucks. Ive spent more on glue.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Corolla (Deceased) Outlaw: 141.9 at 45hz

99 Monte Carlo Z34: Stock everything.

2014 Focus ST: Stock 10 speaker Sony system. meh

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

hazestorm23

hazestorm23

140db

• Members
  • 914 posts
Garage View Garage
Invest in something a little more decent than dual if you actually want to give some good power to the sub

Broke_Audio_Addict

Broke_Audio_Addict

135db

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:My family, Cars, motorcycles, and everything audio
Straight from the owners manual.google is your friend.

Speaker Connections
Connect speaker wires observing polarity. The minimum impedance load for the XPR520 is 2 ohms stereo and 4 ohms bridged. Use of loads lower than these is not recommended and may cause amplifier damage. The XPR520 can be wired for stereo, bridged or stereo/bridged simultaneous operation.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: two 12s amp what amp, amplifier, Dual, JL audio, W1v2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users