So, I will have a new build coming up soon again. It's not going to be anything fancy, probably ;)

I am waiting on recones for these as well as a couple of new baskets(anyone that knows that story, yuck). I should be picking up the amp to power them later today. I know these things will pound, our they should at least. It's difficult to get a box to FIT the damn things since they want so much air compared to most 10s. This is as big as I'm comfortable going and I'll have the power to feed these, so that won't be an issue. Let's see if anyone notices anything peculiar about the specs, particularly the port size.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.5"? Is this because your using PVC and Torres only allows 1/8" wall thickness?

And you are side porting it?

If so What I would have done if using Torres

Was ones I had the design down, modifyed the box measurements and keep the gross the same

, so it said NO bends in port to give a more accurate reading on hz and net

Feel free to correct me

Yes John, it's a side firing port into the B-pillar. I actually modified it so it's a 7" round port. I forgot to post that screenshot dangit.

I need you to explain though, cause I'm not understanding what you're saying. It's my tuning of you're saying? Since there went actually be a bend in the port, does that throw the running a little off? I didn't even think about that, or look at that field either to be honest, hmmmmm.

And no, PVC will not be involved in this build. I'll be using a router and making around 32-34 rings(i can't remember my final port length with the larger diameter 7"port)out of MDF that are 7" inner diameter and around 1/4 thick. It should be rigid enough after I fiberglass the outside ;)

Yes John, it's a side firing port into the B-pillar. I actually modified it so it's a 7" round port. I forgot to post that screenshot dangit.

I need you to explain though, cause I'm not understanding what you're saying. It's my tuning of you're saying? Since there went actually be a bend in the port, does that throw the running a little off? I didn't even think about that, or look at that field either to be honest, hmmmmm.

And no, PVC will not be involved in this build. I'll be using a router and making around 32-34 rings(i can't remember my final port length with the larger diameter 7"port)out of MDF that are 7" inner diameter and around 1/4 thick. It should be rigid enough after I fiberglass the outside ;)

that sounds like a complicated port to make lol maybe not complicated but time consuming,,, why not just aero port it?

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

I need a size that PSP doesn't make :(

I really need to get as much port area as possible, hence the 7" round MDF port. Yeah it will be time consuming, but it should look cool when it's done :D

Thank you John and Joe for your input. You're right Joe, that doesn't look bad. I'm not too sure on efficiency and flow though, I want this it to be efficient and I'm gambling as is with lower port area than optimal for two of those subs by A LOT haha.

I'll keep you guys posted on design changes and when then build starts

Good tuning. I think port to box volume is a good mix. remember for Meca you will want driver door open with that box. using JoeX drawing, I say add 3 1" dowels between the front and back of the box.

Archived