DC Sound Lab

How smelly do your dc subs get?

What power and what is your enclosure like?

Mine never got stinky. Level 3's on a DC 2k.

dual 2's with strapped 3.5k's in a box that Rusty gave me specs for, it is tuned to 36hzIMAG0644_zps3b9971f1.jpg

So, you're wired to 1 per amp? If so, that would be why they're stinky lol.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

dual 2's with strapped 3.5k's in a box that Rusty gave me specs for, it is tuned to 36hz

Why is that? Mine are on a single bc3500.1 each at 1 ohm. Tuned with a dd1 and matched with the cc1 on a 7.5k track.

Question, if you had your stuff set and an om1 or vu din, and your song is clipped out of the gate, would the meter's pick that up or would it only pick up when you go past the tuning point on your amps? Did that make sense?

dual 2's with strapped 3.5k's in a box that Rusty gave me specs for, it is tuned to 36hzIMAG0644_zps3b9971f1.jpg

after rise there is know way their actually getting 3500 watts... I just went with the subs rusty recommended. I know its not power issue, it is clipping issue.

If 3500 watts is too much per sub how is it that Meade and many other put twise the rated power to theirs and get away with it? I am new to this...

But I am still sticking with clip issue. probably is my music

after rise there is know way their actually getting 3500 watts... I just went with the subs rusty recommended. I know its not power issue, it is clipping issue.

So if you know what it is what's the point of the thread? No sub should smell regularly. Some have a slight glue smell when first played, but most should not.

And it's probably not clipping that much, but since you are running so much power to them, even slight clipping is likely to make them smell.

Only way to be sure is to use Audacity and buy an oscope.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography