XS Power

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your front battery needs to be of the AGM variety with a resting voltage of around 13v

Edited by SnowDrifter

You need to get a new AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery up front first. Reason being that your AGM battery will sit at a higher voltage than your stock battery, which is of the flooded variety. Meaning: Your stock battery will drain your nice XS power battery any time the car is off

You can not run a standard car battery with an AGM type battery. You will damage your AGM. If your going to run an XS in back I would try and run one up front also. If you cant afford to, just make sure you under the hood battery is of the AGM type.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

you can slap an dry cell with a wet cell all you want. voltage is voltage. it has been brought up that with a dry cell and a wet cell battery together, they would fight each other for a charge, which could actually discharge them. i have personally run a dry and a wet cell in the same car, i only had issues if i didnt start the car for like a week or so. after that ammount of time the car would crank slow, or not at all.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

I've been there, done that. Ran an AGM with a stock battery. Poor results, both car on and car off. I unhooked my front battery and went from dropping to 12.8v up to 13.2v. Car off, it was tethered to a charger every night. Kind of a pain.

@OP if you need a battery, replace your stock one with an XS power batt, then go from there

I've been there, done that. Ran an AGM with a stock battery. Poor results, both car on and car off. I unhooked my front battery and went from dropping to 12.8v up to 13.2v. Car off, it was tethered to a charger every night. Kind of a pain.

@OP if you need a battery, replace your stock one with an XS power batt, then go from there

see i never measured voltage with them both hooked up, i was un aware that they had that much effect on each other while the car was running

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc