Second Skin Audio

Looking to buy some deadener... I'm leaning towards hush mat right now, but it will depend on what type of replies I get on this topic...

I have a 2014 Ford Explorer with one 18 SMD and I am looking to deaden the entire roof, and the rear hatch, at LEAST 2 layers... My only problem is, I want to do it all at once and want to make sure I have enough for 2 or more layers...

As I said... I'm only planning on the roof, and rear hatch...

Any input on how much I may need would be absolutely great

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

what is your goal with deadener? Also, probably going to get lots of people saying to use Second Skin over hush mat since you posted in the second skin section and all.

Double layering deadener seems to be a waste to me, unless you are trying to do something other than deaden your vehicle.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Well, some local people I have talked to have made it a point to tell me I should do 2+ layers... I have never used any deadener before so I don't know exactly what to expect... My goal is to tremendously reduce INTERIOR vibrations caused by the woofer... For instance, currently, on certain frequencies, my roof sounds like a bunch of metal slapping against each other and I can also hear quite a bit of noise coming from the rear hatch... My goals aren't necessarily to gain anything out of my set up. But I do want to eliminate as much as possible, the interior vibrations I hear on a daily occurrence

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

So if I applied 1 layer of SS to my roof and my rear hatch, how much do you think I would need, and what specific SS deadener would you advise?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

deadener lowers resonant frequency of a vehicle, it isn't supposed to be a rattle stopper or to quiet noise. It can do those things, but it isn't very efficient at it. If you want to stop rattles, tighten the connectors and put something in to keep panels from hitting other panels or metal (like some foam padding between panels and metal)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

So that may be why they said to do multiple layers, to help the rattle... This helps a bunch because I could've spent a ton of money on something I don't necessarily need... So if I want to put foam padding on the roof to prevent rattle, would I just put it in between the headliner and the roof, or is there a trick to it? Also for the rear hatch, just in between the panels and the hatch itself?

Is there a certain type of padding to use, or just any foam padding?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

So that may be why they said to do multiple layers, to help the rattle... This helps a bunch because I could've spent a ton of money on something I don't necessarily need... So if I want to put foam padding on the roof to prevent rattle, would I just put it in between the headliner and the roof, or is there a trick to it? Also for the rear hatch, just in between the panels and the hatch itself?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4