Second Skin Audio

Which Kicker 12" subs?

MaxStanden

Hey fellow Canadian!

It really comes down to how much money you want to spend on it. How much electrical work you want/can do. If your running all stock everything, i wouldn't go past 500 (ish) watts.

If i was to buy kicker, i would look into their vx or L7 series. They are pretty decent from what i heard.

Do you know the difference between the VX, VR ,CompS, CompD ect ect? still a little confused at the difference between them all and what amp would you suggest? I was hoping to not have to upgrade much electrical but at what point do systems start requiring new Alt, batt ect ect?

Cheers!

Personally, i would start to do electrical upgrades when its past 500 watts on a car. First i would do the big 3, then alt, then battery(s) most cars have 40-70 amp alts, trucks and suv's have 75-140 amp alts (stock of course) And the diffrence between the VX, VR, CompS etc, is the rms and magnet size. BTW, What kind of music do you listen to the most? i wouldn't buy a 12" if i listen to low deep bass, and i wouldn't buy a 18" if i listened to speed metal.

Mostly Rap, Hip Hop, Trap, Electro, EDM and top 40 is what I mainly listen to

i would buy a couple 15's and stick them on 300-600 watts each. I agree that kicker is a good brand, but i also agree that its a lot of money for what they are. I would go with fi audio or SoundCubed. They make great stuff.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

2 sundown e15s on an amp of your choosing. Build a good box and even 400 watts will get it done. Save up for electrical. You will upgrade after awhile until you find what you are looking for.

That video is just one and it beats the shit outta that car I cant imagine what two would be like!! HMMM any thoughts on his setup just x2?

gone whippin

2 sundown e15s on an amp of your choosing. Build a good box and even 400 watts will get it done. Save up for electrical. You will upgrade after awhile until you find what you are looking for.

That video is just one and it beats the shit outta that car I cant imagine what two would be like!! HMMM any thoughts on his setup just x2?
You won't be disappointed.

I love L3 & L7 series. My wife runs a single 12"L3 Kicker in her truck and it sounds nice and plenty of bass in it. I've ran a pair of S12"L7 for about 4 years and then ran a pair of 10"L7 (2 years). I loved 'em all. The only thing I dislike is the price that Kicker Company is asking for. Quite a bit pricey when compare to, say, Sundown or other good brands out there. However, it's your money. If you really want to try out Kicker brand, go for it. Good luck.

You won't be disappointed.

What amp would you suggest for the two E15's? I take it these should be going in a ported box right?

gone whippin

I also see that there are several different versions of the E15? which ones are the best and whats the dif between them? Sorry for all the noob questions

gone whippin

So the e15 comes in dual 2 or 4 ohm voice coils. D2 will give you the options to wire it to either 1 or 4 ohms. The d4 will be either 2 or 8 ohms. This is so you can get the right impedance no matter how many subs you are running. So 2 d4 woofers can be wired to 1 ohm. Given your electrical I would probably get something like a Rockford prime r750. But the woofers could handle about double that power. Hifonics makes decent budget amps.

So the e15 comes in dual 2 or 4 ohm voice coils. D2 will give you the options to wire it to either 1 or 4 ohms. The d4 will be either 2 or 8 ohms. This is so you can get the right impedance no matter how many subs you are running. So 2 d4 woofers can be wired to 1 ohm. Given your electrical I would probably get something like a Rockford prime r750. But the woofers could handle about double that power. Hifonics makes decent budget amps.

so still trying to understand all of this as its somewhat new to me. What does the difference in OHM's do? also they can handle double that power but i take it the cars stock electrical probably couldnt? Is that the highest Amp I can go without having to changes the cars electrical?

gone whippin

I also see that there are several different versions of the E15? which ones are the best and whats the dif between them? Sorry for all the noob questions

Current E15s are 500W previous version were 400W, for two subs get dual 4 ohm and a 1K amp stable to 1 ohm.

Current E15s are 500W previous version were 400W, for two subs get dual 4 ohm and a 1K amp stable to 1 ohm.

And what amp would recocmend to fit that description? Sorry lol I was kidding when I said I was a newbie haha

gone whippin

Archived