Sonic Electronix

advice for car audio noobie

i could also do dual soundqubed HDS12's if thats better than dual sundown e12's. im just trying to get the best bang for my buck. also when you say 5 cubic feet, do you mean for the pair or each? i am assuming the pair. Where can i get the recommended specs for sq subs, i cant find them on the website.

for the pair. im not to framiliar with the hds200 series and the sundown e series. ive played around with both but let somebody else answer that. they seem to be fairly close in specs

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

i didn't read the whole thread but learn how to solder. you should properly solder every connection possible. it will save you so much aggravation later

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

You do not have to solder every connection. As long as it is a good crimp and a good connection you will be fine. Some people swar by soldering some swar by crimping. Mine is all crimped and has been for a year now and no issues. The black nasty who runs a shit ton of power is all crimped, a lot of people on here are.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

It doesn't matter what you get. Sundown, SQ, whatever. Flip a coin and you will be happy. I run 2 10s on 400watts and its plenty. Can't see out of my mirror when its up loud. I have some deadening to do still but my point is, build the box right, run good electrical and the woofers don't matter (between similar subs).

It doesn't matter what you get. Sundown, SQ, whatever. Flip a coin and you will be happy. I run 2 10s on 400watts and its plenty. Can't see out of my mirror when its up loud. I have some deadening to do still but my point is, build the box right, run good electrical and the woofers don't matter (between similar subs).

it does matter depending on what space he has the sundowns will work with a smaller airspace than the soundqubed subs so it all depends what he can fit in his trunk

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

it does matter depending on what space he has the sundowns will work with a smaller airspace than the soundqubed subs so it all depends what he can fit in his trunk
Actually yes that is something that I didn't take into consideration, thanks.

I have decided to go with a single Soundqubed HDS 312. I am now at the phase of trying to design the box. Joe X was kind enough to design a box for me. Here is a scetch that i made on scetchup. What do you guys think?

Wj48pov.jpg?1

Good decision I love mine. They get low for 12s and it's joeX no need to Question his designes

Archived