I couldn't get my Audio Multimeter to give me a good DC min/max the other day so I took a video of how I was doing the test to see what I was doing wrong and I seemed to answer my own question in the process but also pointed out what I think could be improved on the software side of things.

Here's the video

It seems that the DC min/max function will work for one test and then when you want to reset it to do another test the min will stay at 0.0v and if you want to continue you need to disconnect the probes and shut the unit off then back on. Re-insert the probes and get to the DC min/max.

It's not that terrible of an issue just annoying I guess. If there is a reason for it then I am completely fine with it but I just figured I would bring it to attention for those that have the ability to fix this "bug".

p.s. Please excuse you much crap is in my trunk and how messy the wires are. I just tested the amp in dyno mode the other day and had to get access to the wires and about the voltage drop, I really need to upgrade big 3, I have a d3400 but it is getting bottlenecked at the 6" run on 10awg wire that is the stock battery ground. But hey it has a 2/0 gauge run from alt to battery in the back! :)

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

• 3 weeks later...

No you are most likely using it right, I emailed tony and he had me mail mine in to get it flashed with new firmware.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

what version did yours have?

What is the latest firmware version?

and who paid for shipping?

1. Cant remember

2. Not sure

3. I never even asked him to pay for shipping since it was just annoying to me and it worked correctly under the right conditions. It was like $7 shipped so it's a nonissue to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I finalized some changes to the firmware yesterday that includes a reset function for the DC min/max without cycling screens and some more filtering in dyno mode to deal with burping on a highly inductive load. If you would like the newer firmware, version 3.8 in your unit please send your AMM-1 to us, we will update the firmware, test the unit and ship it right back to you.

Sorry there is not a way to remotely update it, but that would have added cost to the design and we don't anticipate any further firmware updates.

Please send it here and we will take care of it promptly, and send it right back with a couple of D'Amore Engineering vinyl decals for your trouble.

D'Amore Engineering

1920 E. 3rd St

Suite 13

Tempe, AZ 85281

Edited by TonyD'Amore