Sundown Audio

help me figure out if the price is fair for this amp

bassman619

Found a memphis audio mc1.1500 on craigslist..I have 1 already and want to strap them together. But this guys pretty firm on his price of 400 bucks I was hoping to get it for cheaper ..I got mine for 300 used.. so I need help think its fair or not?

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Seems pretty fair if it is in good shape compared to the prices on ebay

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Well that 969 would be new rite ? And I got mine for 300 if he can sell his for 400 on craigslist then so could I ..and then id just get a bc3500.

Seems pretty fair if it is in good shape compared to the prices on ebay

You could sell it, it would probably take a while because there is so many amps that put out a lot more power for the money

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Wow,that amp new is $1000. I had the old school Memphis Audio 16ST-1500D. That thing was powerful. I think I paid $720 shipped for mine.

LIke youngbass98 said, if it's in good shape, than it's a fair price. If you were able to get your first one for $300, you lucked out on that one.

You win some, you lose some.

I would just buy it. Look at it this way, buy it, that means you're in it for $300 + $400= $700 for 2 amps that are valued at $2000. You own them for

35% of their MSRP. HOW CAN YOU REALLY TOP THAT?????

Please do not take offense to this, because I'm no trying to be rude. I'm going to have to break out my girlfriend/get laid analogy. If you take a girl to McD's on

a date, chances are you will not get laid. Take her for steak and you probably might. Now spend that steak money JUST BUY THE DAMN THING AND AND TRY NOT TO BE SOOOO CHEAP. lol. The bigger picture is that you'll complete your system for 35% of MSRP. If you trying to get to a 20% margin, that's alittle bit of a stretch.

-Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Wow,that amp new is $1000. I had the old school Memphis Audio 16ST-1500D. That thing was powerful. I think I paid $720 shipped for mine.

LIke youngbass98 said, if it's in good shape, than it's a fair price. If you were able to get your first one for $300, you lucked out on that one.

You win some, you lose some.

I would just buy it. Look at it this way, buy it, that means you're in it for $300 + $400= $700 for 2 amps that are valued at $2000. You own them for

35% of their MSRP. HOW CAN YOU REALLY TOP THAT?????

Please do not take offense to this, because I'm no trying to be rude. I'm going to have to break out my girlfriend/get laid analogy. If you take a girl to McD's on

a date, chances are you will not get laid. Take her for steak and you probably might. Now spend that steak money JUST BUY THE DAMN THING AND AND TRY NOT TO BE SOOOO CHEAP. lol. The bigger picture is that you'll complete your system for 35% of MSRP. If you trying to get to a 20% margin, that's alittle bit of a stretch.

-Frank

Hahahaja...but the question is what if you take her for a steak and dont get laid? Is that fair..? Or what if you take her for a steak and youre starting to get laid but then she stops half way through and doesnt let you finish? Lol thats my worry ..

I can sympathize with you that it sucks when you get a sweeter deal the first time than you realized. I bought a CT 1400.1 for $180, figured I could get a second for about that and strap them, turns out most people ask around $300....oops. $400 seems like an acceptable price. Especially since if you can't get it you have to go through the trouble of selling yours and buying another amp if you need double that power. Some people love to buy and sell equipment all the time; not me. The transaction costs are too high in my book. I'd go for it.

If you took that 400 could you get conparable piwer elsewhere? That should be the deciding factor. Thats sq2200 money imo.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

If you took that 400 could you get conparable piwer elsewhere? That should be the deciding factor. Thats sq2200 money imo.

Youre definitely rite about that.. I came across a guy asking to buy my t2 after I had sold it and I told him I had some memphis..he said he wanted to hear it so I met with him..he had two jl w3 12s in a prefab on some interfire amp anyway my 1 12" mojo impressed him and he said hell buy it next day he asked for the amp..sold the sub for 250 with the box.. (old box no carpet or wrap) the amp for 400..and installed it for him..then the next day he say he wants my 6f capacitor..sold and installed that and some 0 gauge wire and a distro block for 100 figured it saved me the trouble of posting online..he had cash so I let it go..only thing I got left is my 4ch and my hu.. :( no bass ..depressing ..I dnt even turn the radio on anymore...its ok..my impala has no radio ignition wire so it gives me time to solder up a ignition wire from the ignition switch and start my project of lengthening the climate control harness so I can move it to the glove compartment.

Archived