Sundown Audio

Hi im fairly new to car audio needed input from you guys

I have a 240A alternator / red top optima / Big 3 / 0 guage .

Do you think i can run a NS1 v2 to a SP4 @ 2 ohm as a daily gain remote turned all the way down to about quarter way

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can but you can't just pick a place to run the gain as it's not a volume knob. Depending on your preamp voltage, ¼ way up may be too much gain or, it may be too little. And that has nothing whatever to do with your electrical or the impedance of the subs. It only has a relationship to the preamp voltage.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I see.

The install shop has me dialed in on a saz 2500D v2 @ 2 ohm so I was looking to upgrade so the sub can perform closer to its potential.

I am just worried the amp will draw to much current from the electrical, maybe you can explain to me how it works.

I see in videos the NS1 having a current draw of more than 600A @ 1 ohm so I don't see how my electrical can supply so much current

I didn't answer the question with respect to your electrical, I answered with respect to the gain setting. You'll need better electrical for that amplifier but that has nothing to do with your gain setting.

The reason I say that is because even if you run with the gain turned all the way down, you could still be driving the amp to it's max output depending on the voltage level of your preamp.

Frankly, you didn't have enough battery for the 2500. The alternator is okay (not ideal) but you'll need a lot more battery to support the NS-1. I would run a minimum of 300AH of battery for 3500 watts at 2Ω and iirc, those red tops are only 75AH batteries.

Yes. The NS-1 draws a lot of current and since your alternator isn't up to snuff you need the support of a good battery bank.

And preamp voltage is measured in RMS.

if youre running it at 2 ohms then a d3100 in the rear should be about enough.. just dont run it at 1 ohm or .5 ohm.. also you might be better off using the saz2500 at 1 ohm rather than the ns1 at 2 ohm

what sub do you have dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm?

For the cost of that amp, you are wasting money running it at 2 ohm.

As bbeljefe had said, You may be better off going with a 2500 or 3500 at 1 ohm. More for your money.

Edited by Amart88

i would get 1 D3400 under the hood at 2 D3100 in the rear and let that saz2500 wang at .5 ohm.. you still need to buy the batteries anyways plus the amp and it will push you in the $2600 range when said and done plus maybe extra runs of 1/0