Sundown Audio

How much power could a zv3 15 take daily?

A Zv3 is capable of taking more power than the average car audio guy's electrical can produce.

Seems people are more concerned with stats of the products on the front end then spending money on adequate electrical and the stats on the back end that to me are more important.

And before someone says that doesn't answer his question, it does. If you cant see how go back to Audio 101

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

The proper advice to give someone in this format(to be safe), is to recommend sticking with manufacturer's specs. It's one of those "if you have to ask" situations. I'd feel bad if this guy got so many suggestions to run the sub at double the RMS daily and he locked the coil up. I've seen these things get smelly on a clean 3000W, so the suggestion that the 3300W from a T2500bd is a poor suggestion.

We all may have seen different outcome but to openly suggest double the power to someone we don't know is a less than great idea.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i am asking that because that zv3 is the first and the only zv3 in my country.

so no one here have experience with that sub

a friend of mine has a SMD DD1, so we could set the gain properly.

the music i'm mostly playing is decaf, and if not decaf, than pink floyd

going to run another 1/0g wire soon.

• 7 months later...

When I used to compete back in the day (2000-2003) car audio guys were so much more friendly and open to give even noobs advice on how to do things. These days, anytime someone asks how do you do something they are immediately shunned and told if you have to ask then follow the manufacturers specs. What a bunch of dicks. I still enjoy having fun with car audio and sharing my knowledge base with anyone who asks. I've been doing this for years and there are not many enthusiasts in my area. I might get a little red or confrontational when someone tells me their 2 kicker comp subs in a prefab sealed enclosure with a Pyle 2400 watt amp does 175 decibels with nothing more than a 4 gauge wire running from the stock battery to the crap amp in the trunk, but when someone approaches me and asks, hey how do these guys run double power on subwoofers in these cars, I can have a 25 minute conversation on how and why, but I don't act like I'm the "king of car audio" and say if you have to ask don't do it. So magically when you all first experimented with car audio the answer how to do things just fell out if the sky and landed on your face huh? No someone who knew what the hell they were doing probably explained it to you. So please, Stop acting like stuck up bitches and help people.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

The people in here have been very respectful from what I can see. If you think this is bad.... You probably don't belong on the internet lol. I would give it rated just to be sure I didn't run into problems op. Better safe then sorry

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

When I used to compete back in the day (2000-2003) car audio guys were so much more friendly and open to give even noobs advice on how to do things. These days, anytime someone asks how do you do something they are immediately shunned and told if you have to ask then follow the manufacturers specs. What a bunch of dicks. I still enjoy having fun with car audio and sharing my knowledge base with anyone who asks. I've been doing this for years and there are not many enthusiasts in my area. I might get a little red or confrontational when someone tells me their 2 kicker comp subs in a prefab sealed enclosure with a Pyle 2400 watt amp does 175 decibels with nothing more than a 4 gauge wire running from the stock battery to the crap amp in the trunk, but when someone approaches me and asks, hey how do these guys run double power on subwoofers in these cars, I can have a 25 minute conversation on how and why, but I don't act like I'm the "king of car audio" and say if you have to ask don't do it. So magically when you all first experimented with car audio the answer how to do things just fell out if the sky and landed on your face huh? No someone who knew what the hell they were doing probably explained it to you. So please, Stop acting like stuck up bitches and help people.

Who was acting like a stuck up bitch?

Helping someone isn't necessarily telling them what they want to hear. There is no written perfect procedure or rule when it comes to what the OP is asking. It's learned by trial and error. The manufacturer specs are there for a reason, to protect the product and the customer. If you haven't actually travelled down this gradual learning curve, then no Q&A session in a forum thread is going to give you the know how necessary to throw triple the recommended power at a sub.

Let's see you practice what you preach and instead of calling everyone bitches tell the OP how it's done.

The floor is yours, I'm all ears bro.

****** drops mic, walks away from podium ******

:shok:

Edited by LOOKINFORSPL?

how much power it can take daily? 1500 rms..

people who throw more power to a sub dont run them on daily setups or even more than a minute if not less.. he is asking for a daily driver that he will use it as he drives and it can be for hour long trips.. if anyone plans on running any sub no matter what brand it is it wont take the abuse. i dont give a shit if its the Fi , aa, dc or any top brand.. aint no sub going to take over the rated power over a long period of time. the rating is there for a reason.. i used to think the same way when i was a newb.. shit this guys run 2 times its power rating how do they do it.. its easy.. its only for a short period of time not something they beat on all day on a daily setup

Edited by Miguels
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1