Total Noob Question - wiring subs to amp

I am designing a box for x2 C2 Audio Team 1K 12's... I have always run just a single woofer, so i have never been met with this "issue".

My amplifier is a Crunch GP3000D-Pro, it is a mono-block amp but has 4 speaker terminals.

• Can I wire each sub independently to 0.5 ohm, giving me 1 ohm total at the amp (before imp rise, of course) if I am going to utilize both sets of terminals?
  • Is it best to just wire them together to 1 ohm and use 1 set of speaker terminals on the amp? (if so, please give reason why...)
  • OR, does it make almost no difference at all?

Thanks in advance!

F O.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably wrong but If you wire each speaker independently at .5 ohm to each set of terminals the amp will see it as .5 ohm not 1 ohm.

edit: You can wire the subs together and use just one set of terminals if I'm not mistaken.

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

864CEF84-10EC-47CE-B7C5-3DD9A6F157DE_zps

I see that, that is how I would normally have wired them.. but I was thinking that since the terminals are all connected (mono block) that I could just wire each sub independently.. So I am not wiring the subs together in the box. This will allow me to have thicker speaker wire.

Can anyone give me any details if I should NOT wire my subs independently?

Noelito - you say to wire my subs like shown above, why wire this way and not independently?

F O.

I see that, that is how I would normally have wired them.. but I was thinking that since the terminals are all connected (mono block) that I could just wire each sub independently.. So I am not wiring the subs together in the box. This will allow me to have thicker speaker wire.

Can anyone give me any details if I should NOT wire my subs independently?

Noelito - you say to wire my subs like shown above, why wire this way and not independently?

It is called wiring them in "Series/Parallel" ... (SER/PAR) ... to achieve a 1-Ohm load.

Just do it. smh

Do you need some extra wire? I'll give you some.

Wow.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

If you wire each sub to .5 and connect each sub to the terminals it will see it as .25 ohm. The terminals will parallel the ohm load if you use both sets so just use what the wiring diagram is above

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Archived