Total Noob Question - wiring subs to amp

864CEF84-10EC-47CE-B7C5-3DD9A6F157DE_zps

864CEF84-10EC-47CE-B7C5-3DD9A6F157DE_zps

I see that, that is how I would normally have wired them.. but I was thinking that since the terminals are all connected (mono block) that I could just wire each sub independently.. So I am not wiring the subs together in the box. This will allow me to have thicker speaker wire.

Can anyone give me any details if I should NOT wire my subs independently?

Noelito - you say to wire my subs like shown above, why wire this way and not independently?

It is called wiring them in "Series/Parallel" ... (SER/PAR) ... to achieve a 1-Ohm load.

Just do it. smh

Do you need some extra wire? I'll give you some.

Wow.

First, no need for an atitude. you do not need to reply if your going to be child. I know what parallel and series wiring configurations are, THAT is not my question.

Maybe YOU are not understanding my question. I do not need extra wire, but thanks.

let me draw you a nice little picture: I would like to get a configuration similar to this, rather than the diagram you posted from www.12volt.com. you do not need to know WHY I want to do it like this. If you're going to reply i'd like a reasoning for your answer. Not just a yes or a no or in your case - repetitive answers.

Capture_zps564c3c5d.jpg

F O.

If you wire each sub to .5 and connect each sub to the terminals it will see it as .25 ohm. The terminals will parallel the ohm load if you use both sets so just use what the wiring diagram is above

AHHHHH there we go. Thank you youngBass. Answered my question perfectly.

F O.

If you want it the way you posted you need to wire each sub at 2 ohms so when you hook it up it'll see 1 ohm

As far as which one is better i wouldn't be able to answer that

ok, that makes sense. I do appreciate all the help.

F O.

That will bring me to the next question:

If I have two subwoofers wired to 2 ohms, and use 1 set of terminals PER sub (2 different sets total, but on the same channel), will this achieve the EXACT same outcome as wiring two subwoofers in series/parallel bringing it to a 1 ohm load?

I'd like to wire like this,

wiring_zps35e2fe67.jpg

Or, is it better to wire like? (if so, PLEASE PROVIDE A REASON... :) )

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac163/corrchav/864CEF84-10EC-47CE-B7C5-3DD9A6F157DE_zps87g3mbyw.gif

F O.

*rolling eyes*

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Archived