Hertz HSK XL 165 vs Focal kr2 165 vs JL C3

noobslayer77

Im looking at getting 4 new door speakers for my jeep liberty. i was considering and was pretty much set on the hertz hsk xl but the place where im getting my car done doesn't carry hertz. they carry focal and JL. My friend has the c3 and they sound nice. but i have 2 13w7s in a ported box at 30 hz and i doubt very seriously if they will keep up. the guy at the shop wants me to get the Focal KR2s for my front stage. I've heard that the hertz hsk xl have more output than the KR2, is there any validity to this? the benefit of getting the focals is that the shop will fix them if anything goes wrong. The hertz would be bought from the interwebz. the other concern is that i read a thread from 2008 where someone said that in freezing temperatures the surround on the hertz hsk will freeze and when you play the speaker it will destroy itself. this is a big concern because my car is in those temperatures during the winter. Just looking for a little advice?

Thanks

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

In before lock for vs. thread,

Serious though, I would roll with the focal. Only becayse they are the only ones Ive heard and they sound great. And vs. in the title will get your thread looked at REALLY hard and possibly locked. I guess vs. threads are a no no here.

I have heard the Hertz in a soundboard at a local shop. Not the same as a car which is where I heard the focal, but I think as far as output they are very close to each other.

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Odyssey Extreme batteries

2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE

2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP

Zapco Z150.2

Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK

Pioneer 80prs

Second skin deadener throughout

No Versus threads; read the forum rules that where presented to you when you created this account.

I am now locking this thread, so no further shenanigans can ensue.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived