Hands in the air now. Rough idle, shitty start, odd smell.

Chevy 4.3

Shitty start (have to add gas and it takes a good amount of turning it over to start)

Idle is hell, rough I'd say. Just drove it 200 miles and it was all cool but all the above)

Gas mileage I dunno if it's lost or not.

Now, there is a smell. A smell from the exhaust.

Mmmmm not really bad, sulfur maybe??

Just changed plugs and wires. (STOOPID plastic clips that hold plug wires where the worst part of the job!!)

Cleaned TB and EGR valve. No go.

I'm putting it on a scanner in 25mins.

Thought anyone?

Could be ignition coil

distributor

cap or rotor cracked.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Could try cleaning the MAF sensor. Check fuel pressure too. Just to make sure.

Reseting computer is always a good idea too. Just yank the ecu fuse for a min or so

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

If the vehicle was sitting over the winter something could have crawled up the exhaust and well, died, or built a nest of some sort. Could explain the smell and rough starting and idle. But I would expect a big power loss if this was the case. IDK just a shot in the dark.

Could be so many things... Poor idle could be Mass air flow sensor. Throttle position sensor. Idle air control valve/sensor. Dirty throttle body or its sticking. If the fuel pump is going bad you should be able to put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail or somewhere close to check your fuel pressure. Now if you got a funny smell going on that's the big concern I would worry about, check your oil and coolant make sure you don't got the chocolate milk fluid in your oil. If you got a blown head gasket or intake manifold gasket you can get coolant into your oil and visa versa. Typically signs of a blown gasket are poor running bad gas mileage poor idle and stinky white smoke from Exhaust. Good luck

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

The car would overheat fast off a blown gasket

Yes it would overheat after a few days of driving it with a blown gasket ( depending on how bad its leaking). If he is just now noticing it, it may be to early to get overheating symptoms. I had a blown gasket on my 02 buick for several days and it never overheated, I actually found it was blown because my low coolant light came on and I had discovered it was going into my oil... It was a hell of a job replacing that thing.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Just did tune up?? Started happening after tune up. Maybe firing order is off. Misfiring long enough can cook up the cats and give that nasty sulfer smell.

Check cap,rotor, dizzy.

The long start issue. I think it was common for most of the blazers that use spider injectors that would give you a long/delay in starting. Also same for fuel pump. Pump not sending enough pressure to start unless you primed first then crank over.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Archived