Sundown Audio

Opinions on Precision Power Amps

hammiethebasshead

Just as the title says I need opinions on Precision Power amps. Are they good or not.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I don't know I have never used them but I can say this. Down here at the Jeff lockheart comp there is a percision power Suv. He runs all there gear in it and it gets nasty lol. But he's running 4 amps like 6 12's and more lol

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Old school PPI was some of the best back in the day and still is today. They went down hill for some time and are making a comeback with the newest lines of amps, i wouldn't hesitate to run some of the newest lines they have on the market.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

thanks for the opinions. I have a friend in need of a new sub amp and I noticed I can pick one up fairly cheap. Thanks for the opinions. This is the one I was thinking about for him

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24979_Precision-Power-PPI-S2000.1D.html

I also just noticed I posted in the wrong section Mods can you move this for me

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I actually run that exact amp that you're looking at right there, that was my first real amp I guess you could say. It's definitely always held it's own and has never given me any problems, I've had it for I want to say 2 years now. I've never had it on an amp dyno or clamped it so I couldn't tell you what it puts out or anything like that though.

the main thing I am trying to do is get him away from running crappy amps on his subs. He just bought 2 mojo 12's and has either a POS volfenhag or a punch 300 to run them. I am slowly getting him to see the light in car audio hopefully.

Amps are personal preference really. So please do not take offense to what I am trying to say. I only speak from experience. Never look at a price point and refer to quality. The quality of the amp is as good as the components they are pushing x's the power being supplied x's what is trying to be achieved. Price point for wattage is not the best way to shop. I have heard the MOFO 15". They are stiff as hell, and will require alot of wattage make the cone move, they can get loud, but they lack clarity. What I'm trying to say is...

cheap + cheap = cheap. Quality + quality = Quality

People can attest to this amp, and that's ok, but if they are not pushing the MOFO's, the comparison is not the best. And they may not have the same alternator your buddy has. Alot of factors come into play especially since "you're" suggesting the amp based on price point. 2000W is alot of amp draw. If he doesn't have the electrical than the 2000W is a mood point! Stay with in the amp draw and he will be fine. It's cool that you're trying to show your buddy the light, but man, this amp may create more problems than it fixes especially since you suggested it. Dimming lights, may go into protection, having the run 0/1 gauge. etc.

Look at my install. I invested $500.00 in my system and she sounds amazing. My alternator is a 140 Amp. My amps total 80 amp fuses. So I am will below the total amp draw. Set a system up based on this, not a price point and total wattage. This is what I learned. If I go up in bass, I need to go up in watts, I need to go up in Amps,....which means up in electric....etc.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185804-e36-bmw-328ic-big-bass-small-budget/

-Frank

Amps are personal preference really. So please do not take offense to what I am trying to say. I only speak from experience. Never look at a price point and refer to quality. The quality of the amp is as good as the components they are pushing x's the power being supplied x's what is trying to be achieved. Price point for wattage is not the best way to shop. I have heard the MOFO 15". They are stiff as hell, and will require alot of wattage make the cone move, they can get loud, but they lack clarity. What I'm trying to say is...

cheap + cheap = cheap. Quality + quality = Quality

People can attest to this amp, and that's ok, but if they are not pushing the MOFO's, the comparison is not the best. And they may not have the same alternator your buddy has. Alot of factors come into play especially since "you're" suggesting the amp based on price point. 2000W is alot of amp draw. If he doesn't have the electrical than the 2000W is a mood point! Stay with in the amp draw and he will be fine. It's cool that you're trying to show your buddy the light, but man, this amp may create more problems than it fixes especially since you suggested it. Dimming lights, may go into protection, having the run 0/1 gauge. etc.

Look at my install. I invested $500.00 in my system and she sounds amazing. My alternator is a 140 Amp. My amps total 80 amp fuses. So I am will below the total amp draw. Set a system up based on this, not a price point and total wattage. This is what I learned. If I go up in bass, I need to go up in watts, I need to go up in Amps,....which means up in electric....etc.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185804-e36-bmw-328ic-big-bass-small-budget/

-Frank

The suspension on a mofo is not that stiff

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived