Second Skin Audio

10", 500w RMS, small space, <$150...what say ye?

Nubster

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone and anyone can recommend anything

But without some specs on the area you want to go

We are all pissing in the wind

Are you building a small sealed box?

If so what do you need to work in

Is it replacing a stock sub or getting built into the wall?

Have you looked at IB or free air?

Everyone and anyone can recommend anything

But without some specs on the area you want to go

We are all pissing in the wind

Are you building a small sealed box?

If so what do you need to work in

Is it replacing a stock sub or getting built into the wall?

Have you looked at IB or free air?

Building the box...sealed is good to reduce the size but I'd be open to ported if one can be built reasonably small. No sub currently. No wall. The car is a hatch so it'll go in the back. Free air no go...don't have a trunk lid. Not sure what IB is.

I was thinking about the possibility of doing an MDF/fiberglass box...something with the back custom fitted around the back wheel well and tucked into the corner between the back of the rear seat and the front of the back tire well.

That or some sort of wedge shape MDF box that will fit up tight against the back of the rear seat. Amp will be mounted under the driver seat.

Post some measurement that you would like to work within

My sa8 2off box is in a trunk car and only takes up, 8.5" of depth but it go right accross my back seat and is tight under the rear shelf with 11.5" of height

Post some measurement and see what fits

IB is infinite baffle. Its like where the front is sealed off from the back but doesn't have a box. Like the 6.5s in the door, when the door is sealed, is i guess technically considered an IB. There is no specific sized box or tuning or anything, just something to keep the back and front waves isolated from each other.

I like the Daytons as well.

Post some measurement that you would like to work within

My sa8 2off box is in a trunk car and only takes up, 8.5" of depth but it go right accross my back seat and is tight under the rear shelf with 11.5" of height

Post some measurement and see what fits

I went out and measured...I'd like to keep the box to one side or the other, possibly directly in the center, but regardless of position, I'd like to keep the box within the following dimensions...

H - 15"

W - 14"

Top depth - 4"

Bottom depth - 12"

The box needs to be wedge shaped to make the most use of the room available. It would be slanted towards the back of the rear seat and the "front" of the box would be flat and the sub firing into the rear hatch. Or possibly the front could be slanted slightly as well firing the sub upwards towards the rear glass...whatever works best. Looks like that would give me around .59 cubic feet building the box from 3/4" MDF or .68cf with 1/2" MDF

Archived