2012 Lincoln MkZ

depejohnson

Need some help setting up a good SQ system in my car. I just purchased a 2012 Lincoln MkZ with the premium stereo. Car is NOT a hybrid. I want to replace the factory speakers and use the factory locations. I would like to keep the factory head unit due to it being used to show vehicle information. The main thing the factory head unit shows, that I'm not sure can be replaced, is the settings for the climate control. I having some issues finding information about the factory stereo. I know the front and rear doors have 6x8's and possibly separate tweeters. The rear deck speakers are 6x9's. There is a factory amp, but not sure on output. I would like to go somewhat cheap. I would prefer to not install an aftermarket amp, if possible. I also do not want a large sub. My thought was to use the rear deck openings for subs. Could go 6x9, 6", or 6.5". I could possibly look at making the openings hold 8's. Please help me!

You know that aftermarket replacement will void your warranty if it causes the vehicle problems ... You cool with this ??

Reason I'm asking ... "I would like to go somewhat cheap" ...

Sorry for saying ... but "great sound" or "Sound Quality" should not be in the same sentence with "Cheap" ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Any time you replace factory speakers in a factory system that has an amplifier you run the risk of poor sound. The speakers, speaker locations within the vehicle, and the amplifier's performance are all taken into consideration when the audio package is tuned before going into production. You throw off that "recipe" by changing some or all of the speakers.

You can use JBL MS-8 to retune the system and give you 8 channels of amplification. Professional installation is strongly recommended.

CDT makes great 6x9 subwoofers. They work well in a rear deck. A small amplifier could be added to power them, or you could power them with 2 channels from MS-8. To save money you could leave the other speakers alone and enjoy the better sound when they're retuned to your liking.

You know that aftermarket replacement will void your warranty if it causes the vehicle problems ... You cool with this ??

Sorry for saying ... but "great sound" or "Sound Quality" should not be in the same sentence with "Cheap" ...

A dealership cannot legally deny the factory warranty because of new audio equipment. Does it happen anyway? Yes, but it should be contested.

A dealership cannot legally deny the factory warranty because of new audio equipment. Does it happen anyway? Yes, but it should be contested.
This is EXACTLY what was told to Me and the Wife when we bought our new Chevy Cruze so I was going by what was told to me about this at the Dealership.

... and it is written in our warranty contract. This may be for Chevy only ... Not sure, def. would be something to check out first.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I understand that "Sound Quality" and cheap don't really go together. I was just trying to get across that I would like to upgrade the factory stereo without breaking the bank. I also posted on this forum, so that I don't get confused with the "bang for your buck" group. I'm not trying to build a system that I can wake up the neighborhood with. I would like to upgrade the factory speakers in a cost effective way. If I need to add an amp, I will. But I was hoping to get some opinions on good sound quality speakers that would be upgrades over what is in the car now. I cant even find the factory stereo output numbers (ohms, watts, ect) . That would go a long way in determining what speakers would work. And I will have to look into if any aftermarket stereo equipment would void the warranty.

Archived