DC Sound Lab

Quick question for the people at Dc Audio. So i wanted to do 2 of the Dc audio level 2 12's on a 2.0k amp. Now i have a couple questions. Im the type of guy that likes to have some good sound quality and at the same time wreck the lows, so what should i tune these to in a ported box? Also should i go with the dual 2 ohm and bring them to 1 ohm, or the dual 4 ohm and bring them to 2 ohm final impedance? Thanks, all replies are appreciated :) Hopefully i will become part of the DC audio club.

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

I would say tune to around 30-31hz so you can still hit the lows and play the higher songs also. If you want mainly lows I would say go around 28hz but you wont really get that SQ you want and wire to a 1ohm final impedance.

For level 2 I would their 1.2k

And you got your impedance a wrong

For wiring diagrams/verification

Click this link

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurationsm.as

I think i would rather go with the 2.0k, i know the 1.2 adds up to the 600 rms for the 2 subs, but shouldn't i stick with the extra watts just so i can get more power? because the subs are rated at a max of 1200 watts

Jon Funda

I would say tune to around 30-31hz so you can still hit the lows and play the higher songs also. If you want mainly lows I would say go around 28hz but you wont really get that SQ you want and wire to a 1ohm final impedance.

Jon Funda

John think about it like this..... the 1.2k put out 1492 watts on the amp dyno during a dynamic run.... the 2.0k put out 2624 watts. On a good electrical system you can pretty much duplicate these results. With that being said, the 1.2k is more than enough to power the lvl2's. You could run the 2k if you wanted to bump up to lvl 3 subs with no issue. I would personally run the lvl2's with the 1.2k. Plus that is saving you $231 that you could then put towards some Sky High Car Audio wire or an XS Power Battery.

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

John think about it like this..... the 1.2k put out 1492 watts on the amp dyno during a dynamic run.... the 2.0k put out 2624 watts. On a good electrical system you can pretty much duplicate these results. With that being said, the 1.2k is more than enough to power the lvl2's. You could run the 2k if you wanted to bump up to lvl 3 subs with no issue. I would personally run the lvl2's with the 1.2k. Plus that is saving you $231 that you could then put towards some Sky High Car Audio wire or an XS Power Battery.

I get your point now, thanks :)

Jon Funda

With the 2.0k, you will definitely want the Level 3s, they are a better fit.

If you want the low lows, tune your box to about 30hz. That will give you the ability to safely play down to about 25hz if the box is built correctly.