static and low volume problem

Blake Farrar

Ive,had this static problem I thought I fixed it when I redid my grounds but it came back the static happens at all volumes and some times the mids and highs cut out,or the amp goes into pertect I think my amp might be going out it also was pretty hot im gonna switch the amp out with my brothers to see if it continues.

seeing as this is an on going problem... I'd suggest starting from your HU and work your way to your amp checking each component, wire, ect. individually till you find where the noise is being introduced...

you could have a problem causing your amp to blow or who knows what-

AND THIS ONCE AGAIN-

http://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?ID=121

did you check the other hundred things I mentioned.... rca's, speaker wire, power wire, all grounds, all connections, speakers, shorts, etc.........

think you are under the impression that you can just change out a component and voila your problems fixed... that is not often the case-

I checked all speakers they all do the same thing all speaker wires were checked volts are good and grounds are all redone I already switched RCA's with another set and grounded the headunit, I just,ordered more speaker wire so im gonna change out what I have now. I also got 25ft of ofc 8 guage im gonna wire my CT sounds amp to straight from the batt

I would find out what the problem is before you just go buying a bunch of stuff that you probably dont need-

Well I needed this wire soo lol but this problem really reminds,me of a lose RCA but there not lose and a lose RCA wouldn't put my amp into,pertect it looks,like the amp might be messed up im gonna make sure today though.

static (noise floor) can be in your gain setting. Turn your gains down until it goes away.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Having a equipment list in your signature would help. If that's the case, it could be a setting in your headunit.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived