Second Skin Audio

gtmat review of their free sample

So I got a link to get a free sample from them and I got to say for most part it is worthless imo.

I've used dynamat extreme in the past and that stuff works great so inn comparison to how the 2 brands felt the dynamat wins with out a doubt.

however the gtmat onyx is a very close feel, look and thicknes. Its the only deadener I would consider trying on a full build that they sent me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that is doing a big build but a small build (120-140db range for reference) might get good results out of it.

imo, it would be a better option to get a more well known brand for quality then the gtmat though.

it was just a few small pieces (card sized pieces) but I just don't see it being as effective as the more known brands on this forum.

link to gtmat

http://www.gtmat.com/

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

For example the b stock for $85 gives you 32sq ft and people have had good results with it

40sq ft of damplifier is $137

36sq ft of gtmat onyx is $130.

for only $7 more you can get 4sq ft more with a good reputation and reviews from people right here on smd

or for $45 less you can get 4sqft less but its still coming from a company that has been tested and reviewed several time by members right here on smd.

I just feel like taking a risk on a company that the product doesn't feel like it us on par with its competitors isn't worth it when you can get what you know will work great and could be cheaper.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

For example the b stock for $85 gives you 32sq ft and people have had good results with it

40sq ft of damplifier is $137

36sq ft of gtmat onyx is $130.

for only $7 more you can get 4sq ft more with a good reputation and reviews from people right here on smd

or for $45 less you can get 4sqft less but its still coming from a company that has been tested and reviewed several time by members right here on smd.

I just feel like taking a risk on a company that the product doesn't feel like it us on par with its competitors isn't worth it when you can get what you know will work great and could be cheaper.

Or for $40 more you can get 64 sq feet of B stock.

Was just throwing my 2 cents out there about this brand.

for the price I feel like it can be beat with a better product is all.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Almost any reputable product can be multitudes of the cheap stuff that can't be called a vibration damper.

However, people don't believe it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Almost any reputable product can be multitudes of the cheap stuff that can't be called a vibration damper.

However, people don't believe it.

well I only got the sample pack (free) because another forum I have an account on (non car audio) recently added them as a vendor and they offer cheaper prices for members of that forum. Still not worth it imo.

like I said the gtmat onyx is the best they sent me and where it is comparable to dynamat extreme it still felt like it was missing the quality.

my next build is king to be b stock I think. 32sqft should be a real good start and at the price I don't think I could complain about minor imperfections.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets