01 silverado 20" wheels rough ride

I have an 01 Silverado I bought it with 20's. they're wrapped in 265/50/20's and it almost feels like the shock are welded shut in the back. if I hit a bump pretty fast there's not any travel it seems like. I'm probably exaggerating on that but its a really rough ride. I'm debating on taking the 20's off and going to stockers for a better ride. I kind of want to try new shocks first though. the tires are in good shape and have good air pressure.

20140419_141759.jpg

20140419_143305.jpg

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

• 5 months later...

The thinner the tire the harsher the ride, its as simple as that. I just took my 22's of my max this past weekend wow the ride is soo much nicer, gas mileage is better, and performance has increased dramaticly. Im thinking of parting withe 22's at this point. When your vehicle is designed from the factory your OEM tires are taken into consideration as part of the suspension setup.I would recommended going up to a few size tires that will fit properly in your wheel well. It looks like you have plenty of space good luck.

what is your tire pressure set at? I know you said good, but what is it? When I went from my stock 265/70/16s to a 22" wheel with 305/40/22 ( lowered 3/5 ), the ride actually felt better. Even my wife said it when she went for a ride the first time i did it as well as my boy who commuted with me every day.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

what is your tire pressure set at? I know you said good, but what is it? When I went from my stock 265/70/16s to a 22" wheel with 305/40/22 ( lowered 3/5 ), the ride actually felt better. Even my wife said it when she went for a ride the first time i did it as well as my boy who commuted with me every day.

doesnt your yukon have that airide control shit in the rear like an escalade thought?

Nope. That's a Denali that has that. Some of the yukons did but not mine

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Archived