94 Ford Beast-350 OBS CCLB - Motor is done, need to sell, questions-please help

Hmm that's funny they work on my end :peepwall:

Just kidding I've not put any up yet.

Here's the new Facebook Page folks. Check it out and like it. There isn't much, or anything, to it yet but I'll start updating it this weekend sometime.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Beast-350/556813864427748

Sorry I haven't put pics up yet guys. They're on the facebook page. I've been battling this truck trying to get it running again. I think we have it nailed down as far as the problem goes. Gets expensive when you pretty much just replace it when you touch it. Old parts anyway. But this way I know that things are new and should be working properly.

To this list that I posted the other day:

New EGR Valve and Sensor

New TPS Sensor

New Front Tank Sending Unit

New Front Tank Fuel Pump

New Rear Tank Fuel Pump

New Fuel Filter

We can now add:

New Distributor

New MSD Distributor Cap and Rotor

New Motorcraft Ignition Coil

New Ignition Control Module

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work tonight because I literally have one more day to get it to work and then I'm screwed. But we, Billy and I, are confident that this will get it done.

Once it's started back up I'll be bumping the timing from 10*BTDC to 12*BTDC. That should do me nicely.

I also got the Dual Steering Stabilizer on yesterday. Still need to weld the bracket but the rest of it is on.

So here's what's left to do:

Put the bed back on

Install the new coil and ICM

Set the timing

Cut the stock front sway bar bracket and weld it on

Install the front sway bar

Check and fill transmission fluid.

If there's time change the headlight bulbs and clean the lenses.

So still lots to do, so everyone keep your fingers crossed that she'll fire up this afternoon. Wish I could take a day off work, but I can't which sux. Oh well.

I'll update when I have more to give you.

BIG BIG THANK YOU to Billy - Dog24Fret. He's been a huge help through all this. Thanks buddy!

Ok small update. I've been defeated.

I did not need to change out the Ignition Module after all. It tested out as good. I did change the coil due to warranty and not costing me anything. That was not the problem. Still had no spark. After several tests last night, I finally gave up in defeat. The truck is now, literally as I type this, on it's way to the shop that is pretty much 20ft behind my house. So not far. I'm hoping and praying that it's something simple I just overlooked or something like that. Anything significant, will now eat into my audio fund. Not that I have a huge audio fund, but it was starting to build up.

I will update as I have more information. I'm hoping it'll be up and running quickly today. I have to have it tomorrow! No stress there right!?!

I will. I'm convinced Billy and I are going to be kicking ourselves when it comes back as something insanely simple!

ALT!?! What alt is this you speak of!!?? When??!! HUH?? :peepwall: lol

BTW, speaking of alts! Plural! After spending the better part of the last week under the hood, I'm convinced I can get a second one in there for sure!! Just sayin!

Ok update time. Heard from the shop. Apparently the distributor I got was bad, and may have taken out my Ignition Control Module. Which really irritates me because had I have had more time, I could've gotten to that on my own. Damn the timing crap! I'm having a bad day. The trailer company who I'm renting my travel trailer through is now telling me, a little more than 24 hours till I pick it up after being reserved for almost 2 months, that the trailer is damaged and the part (a step) isn't going to be her in time they don't think. So they're trying to put me in a smaller 24 foot instead of the 29 foot that I rented because we don't fit in a 24 foot which I told them almost 2 months ago when I reserved it. Plus crap going on at work.

How's that for one big run on paragraph!

I need a beer or 12!

If you delete the smog pump, another 3g large case will fit in its place with a little toying. Nazifornia emissions, I know, but its only what, once every 2 years?

Tuned in scott. Love watching your work :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I can actually get one up on top next to the existing one. There's a spot there that's big enough and won't be too high.

I would delete the smog pump but I don't want to go through all that hassle in having to put it back on and then take it off again. I've already deleted the cat and am going to have to figure out how to get that back in line when it's time.

I figured that if I could get a bracket made, or make one myself, and get it in there, I could make the new alt for the audio system solely and then keep this new 3g that is barely a year old and use it for the rest of the truck like it's supposed to be for. I just have to get past this crap and then I can worry about making that happen.

Yep, gotta love Nazifornia!

Archived