Mid's n High's Tuning

Hello, I'm wanting to maximize my sound with what I have and want to see if I'm on the right path with insuring I have maximum clarity from my Mids and Highs. I'm currently running 2 Custom Door Pods with a Pyle PDMR6 6.5 & Pyramid TW44 Super Tweeter hooked up to a Audiopipe 2-Way Cross Over on each pod. Both Pods are ran by a Planet Audio AC1600.4 and hooked to a Audiopipe 9 Band Equalizer. Can someone please steer me in the right direction. Thanks

Well in that case you want to set your gains to the max undistorted level (assuming you matched the equipment well). To set your gains to that point you will need to either buy or borrow some tools. The best tools (really the only tools) for this job is either an Oscilloscope or an SMD dd-1/dd-1+, setting the gains using a dmm and ohms law is not a good way to do it because you have no way to tell if there is any distortion, and setting gains by ear is the worst way to do it. There are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it with an o-scope, and the dd-1 is super easy to use as well as there is tons of info on how to use it online. To understand more on why you need to set gains properly watch this video by Tony D'amore!

(you can skip past the homework part its not important unless you are folowing the whole series)

Hope this helps!

If you want to set your gains just Buy / borrow the dd-1 at the very least . but i think what you are getting at , is how to make sure you crossover points match. for that you would again need the proper tools. CC-1 or Oscilloscope . To ensure your crossover points match check the each item Freq. response and make sure your not way off.

Well in that case you want to set your gains to the max undistorted level (assuming you matched the equipment well). To set your gains to that point you will need to either buy or borrow some tools. The best tools (really the only tools) for this job is either an Oscilloscope or an SMD dd-1/dd-1+, setting the gains using a dmm and ohms law is not a good way to do it because you have no way to tell if there is any distortion, and setting gains by ear is the worst way to do it. There are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it with an o-scope, and the dd-1 is super easy to use as well as there is tons of info on how to use it online. To understand more on why you need to set gains properly watch this video by Tony D'amore!

(you can skip past the homework part its not important unless you are folowing the whole series)

Hope this helps!

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

If you want to set your gains just Buy / borrow the dd-1 at the very least . but i think what you are getting at , is how to make sure you crossover points match. for that you would again need the proper tools. CC-1 or Oscilloscope . To ensure your crossover points match check the each item Freq. response and make sure your not way off.

Hope this helps!

Preciate that guys, so my first step is to purchase a SMD DD-1. The video helped understand a lot as well. Thanks

Archived