XS Power

IntelliCHArGer skipped stage 1 of the charging when charging D6500

I just got the IntelliCHArGer 1005E from my friend to refresh my XS Power batteries.

I got 6500 3100 and 5100.

When i charged the D6500 by it self i noticed that it skipped the stage 1 of the charging and went to stage 2.

I could see that because i set the charge rate to 15A and the meter on the IntelliCHArGer when up to 15A and went down 2 sec after to a bit above 0AMP .

Is it OK ?

Also i want to know on how much charge rate should i charge this batteries got 5A 15A 20A ? I set it to 15A for now.

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

DId you put the charger on RIGHT after you went for a drive?

If the charger read/saw over 13.xx volts, (cus you had the car running) Then it will NOT go to up charge, and just go to float.

Let the car sit for an hour,.. have a beer or 4 and THEN plug it in and let it work.

Thanks for the replay.

I have a problem i think with charging the d5100.

The charging LED flashes. It turn on and off.

I read 10.8 volts on it when its disconcted.

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

Celestra FA475xDC Audio 3.5KDC Audio level 5 12 inchXS Power 6500 on the front.XS Power 3100 on the back.Knukonceptz 0 gauge an 10 gauge OFC wire.

If you are trying to charge a completely dead battery, the charger may not work properly. You will need to wire it together with a battery that has charge on it and charge them both up together. Once you have a good charge on the both, disconnect and charge each one again on its own.

I got the old 1005E it doesn't have a digital screen on it.

idea22.jpg

Hertz HSK 165XL

When you first turn on the charger the amp gauge will go all the way over and then come back down to what the charger is actually putting out. If the battery is close to being fully charged it will not put out the full 15amps all the time.

15amps would be the optimal charge rate for charging any of those batteries one at a time.

As C18 said above you will probably need to jump your 6500 over to another charged battery to get the charger to recognize there is a battery hooked up since it is so discharged, Newer style chargers have safeties built into them, so it doesn't put out power if there isn't a battery hooked up to them. The charger has to see a high enough voltage to know a battery is hooked up.

That charger is prob around 3-4 years old, so I would double check the actual amperage output with a clamp to make sure the gauge is reading correct.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg