Sundown Audio

Does HIFONICS X1500.1D do rated power?

geekybasshead98

Title says it all good people. I'm looking for a new amp for my sub before I build a new box and this one is in my price range. If it can do close to 1500 @ 1 ohm ill be happy

I know amps like Boss and Pyle(of shit) don't do even close but from what I've herd Hifonics does rated

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

(1) Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D

(1) Alpine 1242D 12" Type R ported 32-35hz

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than a few Hifonics amplifiers have been tested and measured by members on the forum here and most DON'T do rated power.

It's CEA compliant, meaning it should do rated power at 4 ohms with a 14.4V input, as that's all CEA-2006 standards require.

If it can do more than 1000RMS@1 ohm cleanly, I'd be surprised

What's your budget?

I want to spend $150 - $220 and want 600 - 1200 rms.

I will run the amp @ 2 ohms but want it to work @ 1 ohm.

I want 600 - 800 @ 2 ohms and a little more @ 1 ohm.

I've been looking around and Hifonics is the only one that can do what I want in my price range. Thanks

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

nope it wont do what you want at that price range.. get a DC 1.2k or a sundown 1200 or 1500. you will be more than happy spending the few extra bucks.. you can also get the lower line of fosgate amps

Yeah, that budget is going to pretty much limit you to buying used if you want some capable of truly doing what you are asking as well and last.

Buying new, first thing that comes to mind, though it's a little above your budget, is a SoundQubed Q1-1200D. It's rated to do 870RMS@2 ohms and 1200RMS@1 ohm.

What are you looking to push, if i may ask.

Also, you'll be wanting something more than an OEM electrical system, or else I see some decent voltage drop when running an amplifier capable of such power.

I would be willing to spend a little more. Ill just have to save a bit longer. :) Keep suggestions coming Don't want to save much longer so don't suggest something that is 150-200 more then what I said.

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

Yeah, that budget is going to pretty much limit you to buying used if you want some capable of truly doing what you are asking as well and last.

Buying new, first thing that comes to mind, though it's a little above your budget, is a SoundQubed Q1-1200D. It's rated to do 870RMS@2 ohms and 1200RMS@1 ohm.

What are you looking to push, if i may ask.

Also, you'll be wanting something more than an OEM electrical system, or else I see some decent voltage drop when running an amplifier capable of such power.

My sub(Alpine) is rated at 500rms but will take a little more on clean power.

Like I said I will be running @ 2 ohms so I want the 500-700rms in that range, Then I want it to be able to do 1 ohm so when I upgrade to a bigger sub I will have plenty of power for it The DC 1.2k rating seem to catch my eye but I don't think I can do $385. The S1500 does too. That might just be the one but it does 1020 at 2 ohms so I would have to really watch it. I would pay $300 for it if you guys think it would be okay for me. Like I said I want to upgrade to a bigger sub soon so I think it would be a good match.

I'm sorry that my text is so clusterfuck so please forgive me. I think you should get what I'm trying to say.

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

You may well have difficulty effectively limiting the output of that amplifier to anything less than 700RMS. By effectively, i mean while still retaining some about of sub volume range. Sure, you could set the gain on minimum and leave the sub volume on the lowest setting and maybe never surpass a 100RMS, but then the next notch up in volume at you normal master volume level may cause the output of the amplifier to jump up by 100RMS for all we, well, I know. It'll depend on the HU you're running and it's preamp voltage as well as it's sub volume control range.

Another amplifier that may prove interesting to you, the Sundown SAE-1000d.

Archived