best way to make connections on alarm

Solder. Anyone that says otherwise has never had to relair someone elses install

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yeah i figured on soldering but you watch youtube and almost everyone puts an eyelet in the wire and feeds the other trough it and wraps with tape. then you have the ones saying solder weakens the wires , which i thought was retarded, but to each is own i guess.

A cold solder joint is bad. A goof solder joint fuses the wire. Loop and tape. Thats the most ghetto thing ive ever heard.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Solder, heat shrink

Takes time on install, but saves time by not having any issues down the road

for any connection it's either solder and heat shrink or military slice and Super 33 electrical tape. can it be done with other methods sure, doesn't mean that it's right or a good connection. I install with quality work and put in the time necessary to accomplish an install that I would be happy to have in my own car. shop and installers that use t-taps and other BS connections are just trying to make a quick buck and don't care about anything other than getting the customer out of the door. I can safely say that @meade916 got popular with his installs b/c of the quality he puts into it and not the speed. I can assure you that any one that puts in real work doing an install is not concerned about the time it takes to do the install but the quality of the work done.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

• 7 months later...

for any connection it's either solder and heat shrink or military slice and Super 33 electrical tape.

Yup. I even throw a tiny zip tie around the 33+ too. And before you solder nazis come goosestepping in here, let's realize that you cannot put heat shrink over a wire that's not cut in half. But for a butt-style joint (two ends meeting), solder is the only way.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

• 1 month later...

Archived