Second Skin Audio

HELP I need advice because I'm Dumb

BIGlep

OK so I just got done screwing together a box for my saturn SC2. I have not yet glued only screwed for a test fit and surprise surprise...It doens't fit. Well, it fits perfectly since it was designed for my trunk but there is no physical way to get it into the trunk.

I had to unbolt the latch where my trunk lid connects to get it in part way but then it hits the floor because it is at an angle.

It also doesn't fit in from the cabin with the seats down since the opening is only 14" and the box is 16" tall (its for a 15).

In the end I have 2 options:

1. Build a new box at my maximum dimensions with a slanted front to fit the 15.5" sub through a 14" hole.

2. Build it in the trunk.

if I build it in the trunk I have to make another decision, forwards and seal it off or backwards and have a rattly trunk since there will be no way to turn it around. Originally I planned to put it in back facing and then seal it off forwards if it rattles bad, but If I build it in the trunk there is no going back.

Please give me some advice

It's a Saturn, that bish is GONNA rattle lol. My vote is to build in trunk facing forward and seal it off, if it's a good enough design to use a couple other drivers with.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived