Second Skin Audio

Orion hcca 10.2 NEW not sounding good at high volumes

Yeeb

So your voltage is low 11s high 10s???? If I'm reading that right then you got some issues. Is the big 3 done? Not sure if you mentioned. Where are you grounded at? Pics will help if you can post those

I would look into a dd1 to set amp gains, it's easy and worth the money. I love mine

And could that interfere with the cap not keeping charge and recharging right?

sorry I have learned that those kinds of caps are ineffecient with what they are meant to do and that they are better off in the trash

a second battery is many many times better than a capacitor

And get rid of it? It came with the amp? What is the difference when I unplug it?

throw it in the box the amp and came in and forget about it, the hifonics bass knobs are bass boosters aka clipping creators

tune your amplifier correctly and you wont need it

Soundstream-how hard is the big 3 to do? And I'll try and post a pic of the ground when I get someone's phone who can take pics, both of my cameras are cracked. Also I meant at the lowest it's 11's and high 10's. After long periods of hitting and hard bass. Whenever it would hit hard. And now it's the voltage on the cap going wayyyyyy down. But my guage on my dash is staying at 14.4-14.6. Have good alt. gonna get a new yellowtop and possibly high output alt. replaced both when I got the vehicle but it's been a while.

Forgot to state I'm running 4ga to cap and 8 ga from cap to amp. Could that be hurting me? My cousin is doing the same and his wire burned up. We both have hifonics brutus 1600.1 only he's running kicker 18" solo x.

Forgot to state I'm running 4ga to cap and 8 ga from cap to amp. Could that be hurting me? My cousin is doing the same and his wire burned up. We both have hifonics brutus 1600.1 only he's running kicker 18" solo x.

thats way bad dude. you need some 0 gauge everywhere. a run of decent ofc 4 gauge is only good for 120 amps at 20 feet. your hifonics amp is consuming about 200. if you got the cash, always go with oxygen free copper. its better in every way that cca [copper clad aluminum] 4 and 8 gauge for a amp that big is bad...

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Archived