Second Skin Audio

Help trying to reach 160 decibels

Scratch that 160.7

BUT to do such a thing on music... Well realistically that could have played really loud music but it didnt drive, burped at 63 hz, and was just not streetable. ever.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing you need is a deep wallet. Itll take more than 10k. Cut the truck full walk through as much as you can stuff in it. Or sell it and buy an express or other full size van

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My loudest build was a 12 cube by 28 cube 4th order on 2 platform 2 18s. It hit a 154 at 27hz and did a 152 at 33hz. Complete beast on music. I was kinda afraid of this but I take it 160 on music with 10 grand is fairly hard to do. 160 is just a base number. 156+ would still be great. I do not do this to try to be the best at the shows or whatever. I do this simply out of fun and having a good time at the shows. Obviously the louder the better but if it does not hit a perfect 160 I still cant complain. A 154 was the loudest I have ever built as well as the loudest I have ever heard. But I still feel like I can do better.

For all you guys who have experience in this high of decibels or who have been around long enough to know how to get there. Box type? What do you guys recommend and any tips in building/designing it to perform. I have never had the space to get a ported box this loud due to the wall separating the cab and bed. I have always just done 4th orders and 6th orders through the back window. But I am willing to cut the wall now to get the port behind the headrests instead of a foot and a half behind it. Any box type ideas are welcome here.

I am looking for any tips, advice, or strategies you can give me here. What would you do with 10k to get it as loud as possible?

+3 dB = 2X the power

In a perfect example.

Just let that sink in.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

+3 dB = 2X the power

In a perfect example.

Just let that sink in.

And that is in theory. Real world with power compression, efficiency, heat, etc., you never actually get 3 dB when you double your power at those levels.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I'll be at 3,500-4,000 after just bass related equipment and I'm just expecting low 50s lol getting a 60 on a little over double that will be tough...

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Got damn its already gonna take near 10 grand to hit the 150's at 25-30hz. Personally i cant help as i never had a system louder then 160. But i am definetly tuned in. You are going to have to destroy that truck. Deadener will do no justice by itself even if you spend 4 grand on deadener. 160 is no joke and requires your car to be an unflexible fortress with gobs of power on tap. Try 30k rms. Your single alt will do nothing unless your going to charge for 45 minuiys and burp for 3 minuits and charge again.

Archived