Yellow top was a bad pick, but at least it's a AGM batt. Hope you have good luck with it there quality has gone way down.

The big 3 is a must upgrade, when you start to have voltage drop.

i was told by numerous people that the big 3 is a waste if your system is under 1000 watts... my brother has 3000 watts running on 2 regular car batteries and no big 3 and has no voltage drop...i just think the battery was too old in my car. Also he has an old 97 wrangler and i have an 06 sonata.

Yellow top was a bad pick, but at least it's a AGM batt. Hope you have good luck with it there quality has gone way down.

i was told by numerous people that the big 3 is a waste if your system is under 1000 watts... my brother has 3000 watts running on 2 regular car batteries and no big 3 and has no voltage drop...i just think the battery was too old in my car. Also he has an old 97 wrangler and i have an 06 sonata.

tell your friends thats bs and know nothing about car audio. i have no beat installed yet and benefited on my electrical with the big 3

I gained .5 when I was on a stock alt and a agm under the hood with the big 3 on a 1500 rms system. While it is not necessary in your situation I gurantee you will see a difference from it. Wether or not it's worth doing it that's up to you to decide.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

ok so i didnt know the hd750/1 amp speaker outputs were built in as parallel. after switching the wiring to now using both sets of positive and negative speaker outputs for both subs there was an immediate noticeable difference. Now back to just the slight voltage drop, which already has a yellowtop on the way.

I gave you great advice walk away from it if you want. Return the yellow top for a better AGM and do the Big 3. What 3000 watt amp is your brother running, cause the massive 90 watt stock alt on a Wrangler is going to drop at least to battery voltage.

yellow tops suck. have fun with one of the cells randomly dying. sucks to hear but its true.

big 3 is always good. why would it be a waste to have LESS resistance in the charging system? less resistance = more efficient charging = more stable voltage.

your friend did not have a true 3000wrms then if he had 0 voltage drop on a stock alt. he's full of shit.

I gave you great advice walk away from it if you want. Return the yellow top for a better AGM and do the Big 3. What 3000 watt amp is your brother running, cause the massive 90 watt stock alt on a Wrangler is going to drop at least to battery voltage.

There isnt any of those batteries that work with my car. I looked it up on the XS site and spoke with a rep and they said they dont have any options that they believe will work with my car. Many people on here have told me XS before but there nobody online I can use as a reference for the size needed. Since im stuck with the yellowtop I will be installing the big 3 once I get the battery next week. Ive called a couple auto shops around here and they all said they either use Optimas for customers or Kinetic batteries. (My brother has the amp for subs running to its own battery. His amp lights flicker when bass hits but he is only showing a .5 voltage drop. Dont know if thats alot but we read it with the multimeter last night. His system is actually 2000 watts- mistyped it. )

Didn't read rest of thread

IMO... Make sure your wiring is up to par. Do your "big 3," upgrade your front battery and alt. If it's a choice between one or the other I'd do the alt

Archived