Second Skin Audio

Having trouble deciding...

DevinG

First off I am a long time lurker first time poster, and I am having trouble coming to a decision about what type of box to build into my trunk.

At this point I have narrowed down my options to a single sundown x-15 or two sa-12 subwoofers (because of power handling, I will be buying either a soundqubed 1200.1 or a ct sounds 1400.1). However I'm not positive i can fit a 15 into my trunk, (which is H-16.5"xW-36"xD-25") it seems like too tight a fit because of the height restrictions. So my question is if there is some way to pull that off or if i should just go for the sa-12s instead. However my main reason for wanting the X is because I love the idea of murdering the lows, to me there is nothing like the feeling of a lower 20hz tone. But, if i could get close to the same effect from the sa-12s I would take that path in a heartbeat. Please advise on what might be a better course of action. Thanks in advance!

DevinG

You could do the x-15. Your dimensions give you 7 cu ft, minus port and sub displacement.

Thanks for the help, I'll post a new topic asking for help with figuring out how i need to design the box.

DevinG

Archived