Long story short, after going to many many car meets and car shows and taking pictures on my phone and doing whatever it takes to get the best shot I decided to take my hand at video edits and photography for the hell of it and make it a fun hobby. I have taken a media arts class and graphic design class so I have Photoshop and After Effects experience but this is my first time doing something like this. I shot this and edited it together in about under an hour, just messing around getting a feel with Sony Vegas before I do anything big. Yes I know its just about my POS Camry but that's not the point. I'm just working on getting good shots. I know the "going going back back to cali cali" part wasn't as smooth as it could be but my computer was lagging so hard I was losing my patience so I left it as is. It's pretty amateurish and simple but tell me what you guys think for my first video

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Very nice

I been wanting to start stepping my game up too with video

From a noob

When your backing out the garage I think it could be smoother

It's like 1st clip you backed 5 feet then 2nd clip the car is 3dert forward from where the 1st clip ended and it continues like that for the 3-4 clips until it's fully out

At the end of the clip the camera is turning smooth and it comes to a sudden stop and it ends

Maybe as it's turning blur it out to black so it won't have that hard stop

Thanks man

Yeah the pulling out of the garage scene could've been smoother, but almost everytime I tried to do the 2nd clip going to the 3rd a car would pass by and I would have to wait which is why you see me stop in the 2nd. So it took a few takes to get some shots done and I just worked with what I had on camera instead of doing it over and over in 2 smooth takes hoping a car wouldn't pass. But the second clip could've been a few more feet to the left and the end did have a rough stop. It's a start though, imma do some more shots of my car just to get the hang of things. I have a shoot of a 350z in a few weeks once my buddy gets his BC Racing Coilovers installed, so hopefully by then I'll be a bit better

Appreciate the critique though, you noticed stuff I never noticed until you pointed it out :)

Just lay all the details on me brother, I'm shooting a straightpiped 350z on coils with a staggered wheel setup in a few weeks and I want to make sure it looks as good as possible. I'm also in a photography group on FB that some members of my car group started and I'm gonna get some pointers from them

I used just a Sony digital camera and tripod, edited in Sony Vegas which made my laptop lag like never before lol next time I'm gonna be doing it on my desktop. I'm impressed in the way the camera shot videos for being a semi budget digital camera

Around the :45 mark you can see yourself (your reflexion in the car) sometimes it's hard to avoid it

And maybe slow down either yourself or on post when your circling your car just a bit

A few shakes here and their buy not bad

Your making want to make a video

But just thinking of my computer it goes away lol

Yea the quality looks good

Another idea when your pulling out of the garage

You can place it at the opposite side so even if you have multiple clips it'll change angls and can make it smoother

Yeah the reflection part was hard to avoid, I've been working on different angles now

My pans were a bit fast, I was having trouble with the tripod but I finally got it to where I like it

I wanna do a revise on it with a different song and stuff but Vegas slows the hell outta my computer and makes me not want to. I was having better luck getting everything right messing with it in Windows Movie Maker, weird right?

I like the pulling out of the garage idea you have there, might use that on my next vid

Thanks bro :)

I kept thinking it looks like your filming in a desert, then I noticed your location! Cool video!

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Archived