Yeah I've thought about selling it, I was pretty paranoid at first but the man I purchased the car from claimed it had never been used, either way the car has lasted me a year so far and ran great haha.

Box looks good and solid, man. It's obvious you're skilled enough, so my only question would be why wouldn't you have made inner frame pieces and flush mounted the plexi? That 15 is going to come to life when you get more power to it.

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs

Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

I'm jelly. Just a year behind me and you have a lot more badass car, and some killer skills.

Looks good man. No chance you'll be at Heatwave in Austin this weekend?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Box looks good and solid, man. It's obvious you're skilled enough, so my only question would be why wouldn't you have made inner frame pieces and flush mounted the plexi? That 15 is going to come to life when you get more power to it.

would it be weaker with the inner frame? it's not exactly too late for me to do it, do you know any examples?

I'm jelly. Just a year behind me and you have a lot more badass car, and some killer skills.

Looks good man. No chance you'll be at Heatwave in Austin this weekend?

Thanks alot man, my car is extremely rough on the outside, but i like to think the exhaust balances it out haha, Heatwave sounds like an amazing show, i wish i had known about it before now lol.

Hell just go saturday. There's a bunch of members going. I'll have a cooler fulla drinks, come hang out. It's $47 bucks for a 2 day entry and metering. Includes 2 wrist bands to get in. Hell, even if you don't wanna enter your car, you're more than welcome to have at my 2nd wrist band if my ride along doesn't come

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Wouldn't weaken the box at all. All you would have to do is cut 3/4 inch off the face panel so that the glass can sit flush with the wood. You'd obviously have to get the plexi cut down to fit into that rectangle cutout which, once the paper is off the glass, it's a PITA to cut without scratching it. Then, cut frame panels that you can glue and screw inside the box, protruding out at least an inch to give you a surface to bolt the glass on to. Take a look at Steve's Polaris RZR-4 build. He put plexi on his 2x10 enclosure and let's face it, no better way to learn something than to see how one of the best did it! Probably not worth risking scratching the plexi to hell at this point. It doesn't look bad at all the way you have it now, that was just my 2 cents. Do you mind if I ask how you came up with the dimensions for that box? I have a 15 inch type R laying around, and wouldn't mind trying it out in a bandpass.

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs