DC Sound Lab

4 M38's on a DC 5.0K?

Well I don't "have to ask" but why not ask the man who makes them if they can do it? If you never asked in the beginning you wouldn't know to do it now right?

basic math would tell you that if you're getting 5k out of that amp, which you won't due to box rise and a list of other issues I won't get into here because I barely understand them myself, then you're only 200 watts above peak recommended power on those subs. 1200 x 4 = 4800 I know I can put a 3500 watt amp on an XL 12. I know I've seen guys put bigger on them. So if you don't ask the question, especially to the man himself, and you just go throwing big power on subs that may or may not take it and you blow them, then your gamble didn't pay off and you're up shit creek. Then at that point, you have no business doing those things.

However, if you ask the question, you run proper power (High Output Alt, battery bank, big gauge wire, clean signal, etc) then you can do lots of things past "manufacturer's power rating".

That's why I asked the questions. Lots of variables.

Edited by scooter99

But isn't excessive the number one rule around here?!

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Not really. But that's why I asked the question. Does anyone really look at RMS around here? NO. We're always testing the limits, going out of the box, pushing the envelope, insert metaphor here. I just chose to ask a question.

Excessive, and Ridiculously Excessive is pretty objective. Especially around here. lol

I gotcha. I just thought I might be reading something wrong. I really just wanted to make sure what I thought I was reading is what was actually being said.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69