You can do it a few ways. Ir repeater so the remote still works. Bluetooth or open the glove box so you can use the remote being the easiest. With Bluetooth now that would be the way to go really

i dont like the feeling of reaching across a 6+ foot wide car to dick with the radio haha. i might just have a aux plug from under the dash or something. im not sure yet.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

updates!

The good: i have two dc 175.4's coming my way for the cadillac.

The bad: the cadillac is waaaay fucked. Still overheating and im getting to the point where im almost done dumping money into it. i need a new trans and possibly a new motor, since its been overheated 5 times over 300 degrees when i had it. It could be more.

So what im really trying to say is i might be looking into a new car if this one doesnt smarten up pretty soon.

Lots of Second Skin

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

dunno how crazy you wanna get but you can get a 5.3L LS based motor for next to nothing these days. Also theres a guy on pirate4x4 forum that does a turnkey 5.3L thats compression checked and a harness and all that kinda good stuff.

Junkyard 5.3Ls are goin for like $250-500 around here in VA. May be worth a look if you like the car and access to some metal fab tools.

dunno how crazy you wanna get but you can get a 5.3L LS based motor for next to nothing these days. Also theres a guy on pirate4x4 forum that does a turnkey 5.3L thats compression checked and a harness and all that kinda good stuff.

Junkyard 5.3Ls are goin for like $250-500 around here in VA. May be worth a look if you like the car and access to some metal fab tools.

Replacing a big block with a small block should be illegal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

anything below a 7 liter wouldnt tug my 6000 pound car around.

Lots of Second Skin

Replacing a big block with a small block should be illegal.

....ok well I guess I was talkin with my wallet. replacing a motor and trans ain't cheap most times. And by the time you're $6K into just parts for a big block a 5.3L seems like a good alternative.

anything below a 7 liter wouldnt tug my 6000 pound car around.

eh you'd be surprised, if you're cruising you'd be fine. Gearing means more then actual power. But yes torque is a concern.

try a 454 turbo400 combo. Also may want to check out motorhomes. people try and get rid of them and they usually have big blocks.

hey guys, a little update tonight. I cleaned my rad to see if it was plugged, which it wasnt. i changed the water pump and got new rad hoses. I think the bottem hose was collapsing so i got a new one with a spring in it so it couldnt. changed out the thermostate [again] and this time i know for sure it works. but anyway, i think i got it fixed. i did a lot of shit. i even called off the party plans lol. anyway i took it for a quick test drive and it didnt go over 200 degrees so im really hoping i fixed the problem in the many parts i got.

Lots of Second Skin

Archived