Sundown Audio

so i definitely decided to go with sundown.. just which one? i have someone to build me a good box. reputable, works at a local audio shop..

I'm going with a 4th order ported through the rear deck.

was going to pickup 2 12" x series subs today for about 870$ with tax.. (dk if thats a good price or not)

I'm skeptical cause i play a lot of different kinds of music.. i love bass that drops low and you can feel from a far, but say reggae music and such.. they don't always play low.. i would even go as far to say as i probably won't hit 20htz ina song. barely. i would say 30s,40s,50s.. etc

a friend also said i can get a epicenter to help with the problem...

any ideas on subs?? lost in life if u can see. have 2500 watts at 1ohm to play with.

You can run one Nightshade V3 18" if you have the room.

2009 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab

Current Set up -

Headunit - JVC 6100BT

Mids/Highs - Sundown SA-6.5 CS x2

- 4 Crescendo pwx6.5's

- 2 Crescendo ft1's

Mids/Highs amps - 2 Sundown SAX100.4 V2

Sub amp - NS-1 V2

Alts - 2 Singer 320a 6 Phase

2 XS D4800 under the hood

2 XS D3100's in back

2 Sundown Team 18's walled

I'd go with a NSv3 instead, only because you have 2500w of power and the Nightshade will overall beat the X's in efficiency. You'll also be able to fit a 4th order with a single 12 better than one with two 12s.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

well i wanted to do 2 subs for a fact. not going back in the trunk for a while. & sorry i didn't clear up my budget is no more than 1k.

i spoke to bryan from sundown & he said a box for 2 x12s tuned to around 35-40 would help me with the higher bandwidth but he said i should still look into getting 2 12 zv.3.. i know the power i have though, would make the zv.3s a joke.. so thats the reasoning for x series. but if its not gona make the music i play sound good, whats the use.... & an 18" will definitely not fit.. thats not really my route anyway

btw.. i have a 1990 toyota cressida. if my newb self could find a way to put up a pic i'd post a trunk pic i found on google. its pretty spacious, just not too high. however the guy building the box said he can make a 4th order 2 12"s work..

I recommend the SA's also. I have 2 sa 15s and love em, just wish I would have tuned box lower instead of 37hz, I can handle anything from 30hz and up with no problem, but I listen to a lot of decaf which is a lot of lows.

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3