Sonic Electronix

I'm looking at buying a dc audio level 5 15 from a friend that is blown. Has anybody used the dropping hz recone kit? or have experience reconeing this particular or other dc sub? How good is performance after rebuild, also what is the difference in performance with the different spider options?

Droppin hz kits are genuin dc recones

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Part 2, the sub in question... I thought the sub was the level 5 15 m2, it is the m1. I was going to buy it for $175 with the box and recone. I like the deal a lot less knowing it's the m1. Recone is $20 cheaper, but at $385... I almost would rather just order a new m2. I'm looking for opinions, buy cause its still not a bad deal or walk away?

It's going up against an ampere audio 3800.1 3800 rms @ 1 ohm 2000 @ 2 ohm. When I thought it was the m2 the setup I liked was 1.4 ohm coil. Big 3 done, prepared to install mech man 320 amp alternator, and xs d3400 d3100. Had around 3k in mind.. anyway, thoughts?

if you dismiss the M1 or M2 version thing

175 is still cheaper for a sub with a recone..you recone it yourself, witch it cost you nothing, except some of your time

and you have it..

i would go for the M1....for 175

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Part 2, the sub in question... I thought the sub was the level 5 15 m2, it is the m1. I was going to buy it for $175 with the box and recone. I like the deal a lot less knowing it's the m1. Recone is $20 cheaper, but at $385... I almost would rather just order a new m2. I'm looking for opinions, buy cause its still not a bad deal or walk away?

It's going up against an ampere audio 3800.1 3800 rms @ 1 ohm 2000 @ 2 ohm. When I thought it was the m2 the setup I liked was 1.4 ohm coil. Big 3 done, prepared to install mech man 320 amp alternator, and xs d3400 d3100. Had around 3k in mind.. anyway, thoughts?

200$ for a 3" coil recone kit? I can do my 15s for less than half of that with all American made parts. Considering how bad they're raping people on parts prices I'd never in a million years buy the 3.5" coil motor then be on the hook to DC overpaying for their junk parts.

We did a Lv5 M1 for a friend of mine with Nightshade V2 parts and it performed better than with the OEM parts. I'd suggest buy the motor and see if you can find a Sundown dealer to hook you up with NSv2 recone..... or at least that coil. You should be able to get the coil for 55$ or so + shipping and for 75$ shipped I have some very nice American made cones and spiders, or shop for them elsewhere.

That being said, I don't think a 3" or 3.5" coil is going to hang with 4KW for long if you're not careful. I would say that 175 is a very fair price for LV5 M1 motor + frame though, the only downside is that you can't ship those motors "flat rate" so if you ever decide to sell/trade it it'll be local or you'll lose your arse in shipping.

Archived